Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Reedsport
Reviewed May 21, 2010

The Best Western in Reedsport was just fine. The service was good, rooms were clean, ample parking and hot breakfast. Just what you would have expected.

Perhaps the best thing about it was that it was within walking distance of whatever you may need- restaurants, groceries, and fast food, with petrol stations on your doorstep. And there was no noticeable noise at night, even though it’s situated on the main road.

But be warned, there’s not much to Reedsport in terms of entertainment or things happening! We stayed there as I was fishing the Umqua- a really pretty river. But otherwise I think I would push past to one of the better known seaside towns, with greater choice of attractions, accommodation and food!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 12, 2010

We were on a road trip through WA and OR to visit family, and after growing tired of driving for hours on end and seeing multiple family members finally found this hotel... which happened to be the only hotel with ONE room left [it was Valentine's Day].. The room had decor from years passed, which made us laugh. But was very very clean. The heater ended up not working, and because of this they were gracious enough to cut our rate by 1/3 during check out. There were incredibly noisy people staying near us.. but wasn't too bothersome. Beds weren't very comfortable.. but we stayed in the last available room in the area and weren't about to be picky! Staff when we checked in, and out were EXTREMELY FRIENDLY!! The girl at night when we checked in told us about the one bar in the area we could go too.. we ended up having a blast in the little town that night and met locals.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank loveOLYMPIA
Reviewed June 10, 2009

The room was clean, the pool was clean. The second night the people in the upstairs room above were very noisy in the early am. We told the front desk and received a partial refund. We have stayed here before and will again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2008

We used our Best Western Gold Crown Points for a free night at this B.W. We had Rm. 202, upstairs near the pool area. The room was HUGE and spotless and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Since most everything in Reedsport closes by 9pm, we decided to go across the road/street to Subway and get a sandwich and just "eat in" whenever we felt like it.

Things were going fine til a young couple with YOUNG children checked in and had the room next to ours. We could hear them jumping on the bed and almost every word the mother said to them.

The walls could be a little thicker for old grumps like my husband and me! ha ha

We buy a floor fan at the beginning of each vacation for just these type problems, so we weren't bothered with the kids OR the family's diesel truck (LOUD) which was parked near our window.

The breakfast area was suitable and the fare just adequate, not as good as some other B.W. breakfasts.

There is really NOTHING to do in Reedsport and if you have to stay there for a night, this B.W. is the nicest place in town!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank luvsf
Reviewed March 1, 2008

This was the weekend of the Wine, Beer and Seafodd Festival.
We picked this hotel for it's AAA rating. For the most part it was
just fine for the area. The first room they gave us we could not take the smell of SMOKE was SO BAD, they agreed and gave us another. This one had no smell. Over all was okay for one night.
The bed was very hard, sheets were of the old kind, cratchy!

Neither of us slept very well. In the morning I was running the bath for hot water which never came and while I was on the phone calling the desk my husband turned on the bath sink and that's when the brown water came into the sink and the tub.

I was told due to all of the guest taking showers at the same time is why there wasn't hot water--well, this is a hotel isn't it? All guest should be able to shower at the same time.

She didn't know what to do about the brown water. We used our bottled water to brush our teeth and wash our faces.
We were told we would have to wait until the owned returned on Tuesday to discuss a discounted price.

He has never contacted us after a phone call and an e-mail.

AAA will hear about this as well and we will never return due to the fact that the owner really doesn't care.

Any other Best Western Owners should be concerned about owners like this, we will think 2-3 times before using another Best Western.
picture attached

Medford, OR

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank treesmacker
Reviewed February 17, 2008

When my boyfriend, myself and two of our friends checked in the reservation I made a month and half ahead (over the phone) I was the opposite. I was promised two rooms next to each other, they ended up being ten rooms apart. The day of our check out we left our rooms around 8 am to go to the ocean, when we returned at 10:30am to our rooms before checking out they had already been cleaned and I was not even all the way out of the room. Whats the point of having a 11:00am check out if you don't even let the guest get all the way out of the room and CHECK OUT. Also upon checking out we were charged with $100.00 Smoking fee, when we did not smoke in the room. There was also no proof provide proving that we had smoked in the room, talk about unfair people and poor attitudes.

I would not recommened this hotel to anyone who is in desparate need of a place to stay. If you do expect dirty window seals with coffee from a previous guest on them, the bottom draws of your dresser not to open...

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Earlsadog
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Do not stay at this hotel!!!

I am so pissed that they changed my rate at check out!!!

I had booked a special wedding rate in Feb. 2007 for my stay for three nights in August. When I check out they had increased the night rate by $19 a night. No one would do anything to change it. I was accused of lying!!! Terrible people here. I have never ever had a dispute with a quoted price over the decades of staying at hotels.

I will say the Best Western International office believed me and gave me a gift card to cover the difference in price. I did not have written confirmation. Big mistake. Only a confirmation number that they changed!! My mother had her reservation and written confirmation. After much discussion they did change hers, but not mine.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank patannel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedsport
Best Western Pier Point Inn
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Economy Inn Reedsport
Economy Inn Reedsport
#3 of 4 in Reedsport

Been to Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport? Share your experiences!