“Do Not Stay Here”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Reedsport
Roseburg, Oregon
“Do Not Stay Here”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day Weekend with our two small dogs. The list of thing you are not to do was way too long, and the Hotel staff watched you all the time, watching what you did and how you did it. They made them feel like unwanted guest.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Hunnyanna
economyinnreedsport, General Manager at Economy Inn Reedsport, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi sorry you feel we have allot of rule's, We do have rule's to make it a good and Safe stay for all, We were very Busy that weekend with allot of customers and We do try to keep an eye on the ground's for the safety of everyone belongings cars and the people here also.We are very friendly to anyone with a dogs and try to make a good stay for all.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warren
Reviewed August 10, 2012

we had to air out the room for an hour just to be able to close door and still had to use perfume under nose in order to sleep. Also economy should not be part of their name. Looked clean, but you felt dirty being in the room.

Room Tip: From an other guest comments, I don't think there are any good rooms. I would not select this mo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DuneFest
economyinnreedsport, Manager at Economy Inn Reedsport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I'm sorry You Did not Notify the office of the Problem and after all you Stayed 2 full days maybe because you were on a bicycle trip and the campgrounds were full, Our Rate's do Vary during the year and Dunefest is the Maxim price, sorry bad timing. , I donot set the price's But I do know We are Well under other motels in the area.Again I'm sorry there was a smell to your room, And I'm sure Had you told Me or my staff ,We would have done our Best to Reduce it. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip,

Travelers are raving about these Reedsport hotels

Whitethorn, Calif.
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were at this motel during the same time as the "worst motel" comment made recently! The people who made the comment had booked a "non-smoking" room---but were smoking so much that the smoke was penetrating other rooms--I, for one, notified the manager, when he asked them to stop smoking, they became outraged and threw a big fit and continued to smoke even when their doors and windows were open--Finally the manager had to ask them to stop, take a room that allowed smoking or leave--well, they left in a big huff (or should I say puff?) and said that they were going to GET EVEN BY POSTING A BAD REVIEW ON TRIP ADVIISOR!! Our room was clean, inexpensive and a budget wised night--would have been better without the pot smoking couple who posted the following bad review! So I think that Trip Advisor is only for complainers--I would like to set the record straight--This motel is for the budget minded people who need a nice clean room with good people who want you to enjoy your stay! Remember only angry people have lots to complain about!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker00make sure you book a room that allows you to smoke!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chattykathy395
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Reedsport Economy Inn is very close to the Dunes , in Oregon. During Dunefest everything is booked up. The managers are extremely friendly, gave me a room even though I had no reservations. The rooms are modest but clean and in very good shape. They provide a small refrigerator and a microwave oven, table , two chairs and free internet access. The towels are pristinely white and SOFT! Totally unexpected. They put up a very respectable variety of food items for breakfast and could not be more helpful.

For a modest hotel very commendable even though I thought $78 with a AAA discount was a bit pricey for the age of the establishment. Prices have gone up everywhere and you can't blame the managers, they don't own the place.

Room Tip: If you make reservations BE SURE to cancel within the allowed time. They charge you one night for n...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
eugene, or
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night recently with my sister and my niece. The room was very clean and quite inexpensive. It was very basic with 2 double beds, TV, microwave, small refridgerator, a table and a couple of chairs. It also included a free breakfast. If you're looking for luxary then look somewhere else, but if all you want is a place to sleep that's clean and has the basics, then I recommend this motel. The best part was that the couple who manage the motel were very friendly and personable. They had a couple of adorable pomeranian puppies that they let us play with for about 1/2 an hour in the reception area. I would definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Reedsport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pippi123
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Recently stayed at this place whilst traveling up the coast. Didn't book online and chose this motel after a few others were booked out. This place is far overpriced for what you are presented with. The room was very small and outdated. Along with a sour smell of the reception area (think they had animals inside). The wireless Internet did not work and the place just didn't have a nice feel for it considering the price. Would not recoommendn

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan P
economyinnreedsport, General Manager at Economy Inn Reedsport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Sorry Dan , Our internet was working but not all note book ,phones ,and computers work the same on some sites, I'm not an Expert and So As I remember I did try to help But there seemed to be a problem with your computer that night.Not allowing you to connect .And as for the Office We had just Shampooed the office so I'm not sure what the smell was. again sorry
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Poor manners, during check in! Room 70's style, carpets threadbare. Beds delapidated, generally gross!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank sellzmall
This Couple has been Let go and No longer Works here. We strive to run a good motel for all, we hope you stop back and see if the changes meet your requirements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedsport
Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay
Best Western Pier Point Inn

Been to Economy Inn Reedsport? Share your experiences!