“One of a kind experience”

Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Reedsport
More attraction details
Owner description: A forty-mile recreational area along the coast of Oregon consisting of thirty lakes, dunes, campgrounds and hiking trails.
Reviewed November 5, 2013

There is really nothing like the Oregon dunes. There are a number of businesses that rent all sizes and types of ATV's. We enjoy Dune Bugs on Hwy 101. They have well maintained machines at reasonable prices. Spinreel is also good. The views are incredible.

2  Thank Matthew G
There are newer reviews for Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Lots of sand and dunes, that is for sure! Water is pretty dangerous and there are signs posted everywhere, but the inlets and ocean are wonderfully attractive, and nice to walk along. Many picnic and camping spots

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is huge. There are many places to go where you can be by yourself. I really enjoyed that there are sections where ATVs only, hiking only, and other recreation only. Walking through the dunes, I never felt threatened or afraid of having someone in an ATV come over a hill and not see me. I only wish the visitor center was open on weekends because I never seem to make it out during the weekdays.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were on a holiday drive from Seattle to San Francisco and passed through here. We did not know much about the sand dunes, but stopped at a few locations to admire them. They go on for miles - well over 40 miles. Some of the dunes are huge and take some climbing to get to the sea shore. The weather was cool and cloudy for us, but we still enjoyed this natural delight. I'm sure on a warm, sunny day the area is even better.

I know some may not like it, but I felt that the tranquility of this very natural setting was spoilt by the regular noise of dune buggies.

1  Thank NeilandBarbara
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wear a windbreaker. It's very chilly even in the summer. We took a trip a trip down to Oregon and visited Reedsport by chance. We kept seeing signs for the Dunes and decided to check it out. It's a great spot if you want to go ATVing but not for beach going. Lay in the grass and you can keep warm and soak up the sun.