“What a Gem!”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I chose Harbor Light based on Trip Advisor's and Siri's recommendation. Boy, are we glad we did. The place is cute, but the food is really exceptional. The fresh fish and oysters were by far the best we have had at any restaurant since we began our trip down the Oregon coast over a week ago. The onion rings are perhaps the best either of us can ever remember having. Everything is so fresh and well prepared. We will make it a point to revisit Harbor Light on our next Oregon coast trip--probably next summer.

1  Thank njblanki

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We ate here with our family, all 7 of us. Although the restaurant is small, we were able to accommodate our large group. We all enjoyed our meals, although the supreme seafood chowder was amazing, my crab sandwich was yummy with large chunks of fresh crab. My 4 year old had the kids shrimp and fries. I thought she would get the typical frozen packaged popcorn shrimp...wrong...two jumbo shrimp fried in tempura batter, it was so fresh! My daughter gobbled it all down. Overall, it was a pleasant surprise, my husband and I are always looking for a seafood restaurant that uses local seafood and the food tastes yummy. This restaurant met it all.

1  Thank Grassfam
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food is very good, the service is good too. I usually have breakfast here when travelling up the coast to go to Eugene or other northern cities, It feels like you are in a log cabin.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

On a recent camping trip to Lakeside, I visited Harbor Light twice (the best kind of camping trip where you eat at restaurants). Five of us enjoyed dinner and breakfast, so we were able to try quite a variety of items. The standout was the chowder deluxe, it's covered with shrimp and melted cheese (try the pepper jack). It's a small restaurant right on the main drive in Reedsport. We tried to go once before and there was a line. It filled up both of these trips as well. The only negative was we ended up sitting so close to another table it was like we were sharing. We were four adults and a five year old. The servers were great, they brought my son a stack of coloring books to help entertain him.

1  Thank lasvegas11
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This place seemed like a diner / family restaurant on the outside but they have a creative menu, good beer/wine list and excellent desserts.Lots of locally sourced meats and seafood, if we'd been spending time in Reedsport we probably would've eaten here again.

1  Thank dbaaronson