“Just a cute little old bakery shop”

Leona's Sugar Shack Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Reedsport
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I find myself veering off Highway 101 to get to this place along Highway 38 on the East side of town. Just an old fashion little bakery that servers as a doughnut shop having a few small tables for those who want to enjoy a treat there. I must confess that the first time I stopped in it had a lot to do with the song by the same name. I now stop almost every time I'm going through Reedsport, sometimes lingering there enjoying a doughnut and coffee, sometimes taking a treat home.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

It is a bit off the main road, but worth the short trip. There was a time when food was home made and served by th people who made it. Sugar Shack is that way today. There's nothing fancy about the Shack, but the food is excellent and inexpensive. We stopped by on our way up the Rogue River Canyon one morning. The place had a few people at the tables having their morning coffee, sweet, and reading the newspaper. The specials were chalked up and I noticed they will bake bread to order. My wife got a pastry for breakfast, which she rated as really good. Next trip to or through Reedsport the Sugar Shack Bakery will be on our don't miss list.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

(Visited August 2013) Leona's is a plain, old-fashioned diner located in a retail strip mall. It's a no-frills kind of place, but I enjoyed its retro, locals-only vibe. Coffee was fresh even at noon, but typical of this type of restaurant, it's not brewed very strong, so the regulars can drink many refills as they sit and visit. Service was friendly and attentive. The food was basic diner fare, with breakfast served all day. My eggs/ham/homefries breakfast combo was good, but my spouse's Philly cheese steak was a bit skimpy on the meat. Overall, good basic food served in ample quantities at a fair price. Where they really shine is on their baked goods; they are well known for their many types of pies, cakes and donuts, thanks to their affiliation with the Sugar Shack bakery in town.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had been touring the Oregon coast for a full day, heading back to Coos Bay and needed a lil' some-some. Thankfully, we were recommended to try Leona's Sugar Shack for the best doughnuts ever. YES...do stop, do eat, do enjoy!! So glad we did, and we'll surely be back. I had a delicious cinnamon doughnut, hubby had an apple fritter, sis had a maple bar, friend had a peanut butter cookie. We all left happy campers! Friendly service with a smile. :-)

Give it a try!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Wonderful service always! These ladies go out of their way to make a girl and her family feel welcome! The pastries and doughnuts are fabulous! If you get a chance be brave and try the FOOT! You won't be sorry <3