“It was clean, quiet and nice”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reedsport
Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort
Indiana
“It was clean, quiet and nice”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Went for a family campout. Place was smaller than I thought it would be. And the "Lodge" rooms looked simular to the motel in Psycho. We stayed in a camper and the rest of family was in "lodge". It did seem like we were being "watched" during our trip since we were almost the only ones there.

Room Tip: Review on camping area
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank KathyL6200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My family and I stayed here for two days and was not overly impressed. The website is a bit misleading when it comes to staying in the rv sites and the recreational area but wasn't that big of a deal for us. The restroom and shower facilities were acceptable and the laundry facilities was a plus. The little sandy beach next to the rv sites made it nice for the kids but the actual sites left something to be desired.

My biggest complaint... they charged us extra for having 4 kids and going over the 5 person max. Don't penalize Americans with large families. I'd understand if two families went over the 5 person max but not 1 family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JoshuaBelden
Eugene, OR
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We vacationed at Loon Lake Resort a week before the 4th of July weekend with our 10 year old twin girls and 2 Labrador retrievers. The 5 days we spent there were fun filled and very relaxing. We tent camped with 2 tents; one for the adults and a smaller one for our kids with one lab in each tent. We soon found our cell phones useless with no reception but this was a blessing in disguise.

Our accommodations were actually much better than expected and the staff was wonderful and very helpful. The showers were wonderfully clean and with plenty of hot water for our party of four. Of course there was a walk to the showers of maybe 2 tenths of a mile, but we didn't even expect that and brought along our own solar heated shower which fortunately we didn't need. It could have been a 2 minute drive but we chose a refreshing 10 minute walk every morning. There was also a building with four restrooms near the campsites. This was much better than the port a-toilets we had grown accustomed to at most camp grounds found in the South.

We only encountered noise one night from the campers next to us and I was just at the point of asking them to hold it down when they quietened down on their own around 10:30. With it being Saturday night, we expected some noise. We were also awakened one morning by the sound of a Loon who laughed and laughed at us. We kept waiting to hear from him again but it never happened.

Our kids had a blast with their days filled with fishing, paddle boating, hiking and playing in the water. Robin did crafts for the kids every day and our girls loved the tie-dyed socks. Who would have thought about tie dyed socks but they were a hit!

Since we were freshly from the South, the girls couldn't handle the cold water yet but still had plenty to occupy their time. I had bought them an inexpensive rod and reel thinking they wouldn't really be into fishing but I was wrong. As a matter of fact, both girls caught their 1st fish with the help of Gary who was teaching all the kids how to fish. He also helped them with their rigs and after they caught their first fish, told them if they didn't keep them that they had to kiss the fish and release them so they could catch a larger one next time. We took wonderful pictures of their first catch which were priceless.

There was also camp fire night where Gary told stories and provided marshmallows for all the kids. Here we made friends with another couple and their 3 kids who we hope to see again soon.

We had planned to drive to Reedsport for one of our meals but decided to try the restaurant at the Lodge since we had heard so much about it. It was well worth it with good food and excellent service provided by Dorothy.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that Robin and Jeff were not only part of the staff but working owners. This is a rarity within itself since there are so many absent owners these days. We thank you all; Robin, Jeff, Jennifer, Mr. Bill, Mike, Gary, Jean and Dorothy for our wonderful experience! We are already planning our next camping adventure at Loon Lake Lodge in the Fall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jonandpeggy
peggycroce, Public Relations Manager at Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you very much for your compliments about the park and staff. We will be sure to share your review with the staff. We are very happy that you and your family will be returning this fall.
Castle Rock, Washington
Reviewed December 18, 2010

I was assigned to primarly the entire resort during the summer season. Everyday I would start at 7am at the Main restroom/showers located in the RV park. During the busy season It would take me up to 2 hrs to clean those facilities. When I would arrive 90% of the time they were a disaster zone but when I left they shined. I then proceeded to the Lodge and clean those toilets and remove all trash. I would go all the campsites on the upperend and pick up the garbage, trash and dog poop. Those sites hade Porta-poties. I would wipe them down chk for paper and stir them if the were filling. The same thing for the Yurts. Then I would drive down to the Main tent camping below the lodge. I would pickup trash and clean the toilets as best I could. I was friendly to all the guest and asked those I seen if there was anything I could do for them. I would then proceed down to the rv park picking up trash at the garrbage cans there. On the weekend of the disturbance as I proceeding through the Camp site, NO Person Said one Word to me about it. I finally heard about it on Monday morning. So I say to those who had the bad experience on that weekend. I was through there every day Why Didn't you Say Something. And if you had I personally would have done something about it. After picking up the trash and communicating with the guest on a daily bases. I would finnish my day at the main restroom facilities, so those who wanted to cleanup and shower in the evening. I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Loon Lake, But I felt that for All the staff that was there last summer. We showed the up most respect toward all the Guest. But it is also your responcibility to say SOMETHING. If I were to return for another season I would try to the upmost to see that your visit would be enjoyable. Thank You Kim

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Kimworkamper
North Bend, Oregon
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Love this park. We have been several times this year. The park is small enough to see the kids at the beach from most of the RV spots. The swimming area is small enough to keep tabs on all of them at one time. Every time we go we meet new friends and have a great time. The kids crafts are planned at the perfect time of the day to keep kids busy for the parents to finish that last bit of packing or cleaning up from breakfast, or just that little down time before hitting the beach for the day. The dock is well kept and plenty of fun water sports to rent. No cell phone coverage a plus.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank jjohnsonor
South Pasadena, California
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We arrived on a Wensday after noon, and stoped at the lodge to check in. The person at the counter was very pleasent and helpful. Before we left to go to our camp site, we had the pleasure of meeting the manager and his wife, ( Jeff & Robin) they made us feel like family. they helped with every thing we needed. We had a lot of fun on the jetskies and pontune boat, The crafts that they had for the kids were great and looked like fun, we asked if we coukd join in doing the crafts too, and robin said she would love to have us join in. We found our camp site clean and the grass moved. the fire pit was clean. The personnel was around every morning to empty the trash containers. The restrooms claen and very easy to get to. We normaly do not eat out, but we decided to try the lodge for dinner on Saterday night, the food was very good. We were sad when Monday came around and we had to leave. We have already booked our reservations for next year, our camping trip was excellent and we highly recommend everyone to try this camp grounds if you like beautful trees, fishing, watersports and freindly people.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tishtish01
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Pictures on the website were deceiving. This "campground" was a big rocky, sloping parking lot. Campsites had trash and dog doo all over them when we arrived. It was advertised that there were toilets and showers, but were told at check in that they were 3/10 of a mile away. The doors on the outhouses did not shut, which led to a couple of embarassing situations. There was no privacy between campsites, and they were so packed in there that our tent was about 10 feet from our neighbors and we heard him snoring all night. We went on a nature walk with the kids, only to pass huge piles of trash. The blackberries were good, though. Some fellow campers were very loud until past 2am both nights, playing loud music and using foul language. The worst part of it all was the sounds of fighting with weapons and women screaming for help. There was no pay phone, no cell reception, and we couldn't pack up our kids and leave because we were afraid of the drunk drivers that were racing up and down the highway from the resort. Management was not concerned about these issues, and thus nothing was resolved. I was scared for the safety of my children. I will tell everyone I know to never come to this place. Overall a horrible experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Eryn0
pcroce, Public Relations Manager at Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Please accept our apologies that your stay at Loon Lake Lodge did not meet your expectations or ours. We spot check the sites all season and have never found them left dirty and we to keep an eye out to make sure that other campers aren’t letting their dogs go into other sites. We do apologize for you embarrassing experience with the restrooms in our camping area. We have a major renovation plan for the camping area at the lodge, but have had to put it on hold due to the current economic situation. During your nature walk with the kids, you must have passed our burn piles of trash. We are sorry you experienced this, but glad that you enjoyed the blackberries.
The fighting incident was an extremely unusual situation, one that most certainly has not occurred before at Loon Lake lodge. We put extreme efforts into being a fun family place. After long talks with campers, personnel and the Sherriff’s who responded to the incident it was a case of individual’s putting matters into their own hands.

Travelers are raving about these Reedsport hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedsport
Best Western Salbasgeon Inn & Suites of Reedsport
#3 of 4 in Reedsport
Umpqua River Inn & Suites
Umpqua River Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Reedsport

Been to Loon Lake Lodge & RV Resort? Share your experiences!