“No hot water!!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Boise
“No hot water!!!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We stayed at the Redmond Inn in Redmond Oregon on our way to the Oregon Coast. The carpet had big dark stains on it, it was light blue. I had to wear shoes at all times. In the morning there was no hot water at all, when going to the manager (who did not answer the phone for an hour) downstairs he was a Middle Eastern man who states that "since our room is upstairs perhaps the water had a hard time traveling that far", another guest was in the lobby eating their "continental breakfast" which consisted of very old stale food and that guest stated that his room did not have hot water all morning and he was on ground floor. Upon further investigation none of the rooms had hot water, in fact numerous people were coming in and complaining, the phone was ringing and the person running the motel did not answer the phone. The person in charge kept stating we would have hot water in "five minutes".

Of interest, another guest was in the lobby and stated that he was very familiar wiht this motel, as he used to work for Sears in Redmond and was always out on service calls attempting to fix the hot water problem over the past couple of years! This customer was then allowed to go into the basement and mess with the electrical panel.

At that time I noticed the motel had a pool and asked to get key for that. I was told it would not open until 11 am, it was 10:30 by this time - manager made an exception and let us in. I asked for towels and he stated "in five minutes I will have towels", and then thought better when I scowled at him and walked us over to some towels and let us in the pool. Also the pool was so slimy I slipped on a slant in the bottom and fell in the water, nice!

Upon checkout I asked what type of compensation we would receive (as we stayed there for sleep and shower) and we got $10.00 back of our $78.00 we paid for one night only! We also got a lot of defensiveness "this could happen at your home and what would you do" etc. Well this is not my home and we are paying big bucks for the amenities and the stay - which should be compensated entirely in my opinion. I will write the motel, but I bet it is run by the same fellow and I do not expect any positive results, but will still try to find owner of motel and hold them accountable.

The door was steel to the room, and it was painted turquiose and had dents kicked and punched into it as well. Overall a very filthy and poor presentation.

Stayed September 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chehalis, WA
Reviewed April 17, 2007

Our room was below average, but it was very inexpensive and we were not there for a vacation but a memorial service. I can only describe our experience as like a nightmare. We had an occupant over the top of our room that paced, stomped and drug furniture on & off throughout the day and night. We had to call the manager 3 times before he finally confronted the source of this bizzare behaviour and even then it didn't stop completely but we were at least able to get some sleep. The manager kept saying the occupant was a "good guy", and, more telling, was a repeat customer. We can only wonder about the mental state of someone who would carry on in that manner and a manager that would allow that person to come back. In retrospect, we should have packed up and moved. We hold the manager responsible for making a trip that was tough to begin with, one that we wouldn't wish on our worst enemy.

• Liked — On ground floor and next door to a great restaurant.
  • Disliked — Besides the occupant over us making all the noise, bed too hard, only 1 blanket, TV too old, window wouldn't open, etc.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Redmond hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 12, 2006

For the price the Redmond Inn is a steal! My wife and I were not expecting much for the money we paid (roughly $50). The room was clean and nice. I told my wife that we got what you pay $90 for to stay at a Holiday Inn. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
Best Western Plus Rama Inn
#7 of 8 in Redmond
Super 8 Redmond
Super 8 Redmond
#5 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Redmond Inn? Share your experiences!