“Fantastic sushi in Redmond OR” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Redmond
“Fantastic sushi in Redmond OR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've visited Oishi several times over the last few months and each time we discover a new favorite. The sushi is fresh, well prepared and imaginative. The Tower is amazing (get 2), the 007 Roll is incredible and if you like your sashimi fresh, you're in the right place. The service is very friendly if sometimes a bit spotty. The restaurant is family friendly and comfortable. If you go on Fri or Sat night, make a reservation. This is a star restaurant and worth the drive to Redmond.

• Visited January 2014

Redmond, Oregon
“Keeps Getting Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant last summer and it was fun for me but less so for her. Well what a difference six months can make. Now the variety was enough to satisfy my sushi apatite as well as my wife's desire for non fish fare. You really deserve a treat in Redmond and this will satisfy that need.

• Visited December 2013
Redmond, Oregon
“Worth being a regular visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

The bento box is excellent. The sushi is very good. The service is personal and genuine. Oishi's is worth making it a regular visit if you are a local.

• Visited December 2013
“Excellent Anywhere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Some local friends took us here tonight and I must say I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Not just for Redmond, OR but for pretty much anywhere this is a quality place to go.

The interior is quite stylish, somewhat minimalist, but still comfortable. I would guess it is very hip for Redmond, no disrespect to Redmond intended. But this place IS very nice.

As for the food? Damn good! We had a variety of rolls and sushi before our respective meals and all were well presented and tasted quite fresh. Seriously. Each of the for of us were we'll pleased with our respective choices. Well done.

Can't think of a single knock so I will close with the simple fact that if you happen to find yourself in Redmond, OR and want a quality experience reasonably priced, this is the place for you!

Bend, Oregon
“A must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I had the chance to dine at Oishi this evening and I'm very happy to report that this is, by far, not only one of the best places I've eaten at in Central Oregon, but probably in the entire country. Yes, its that amazing.....
And here's why -
I'm totally shocked how FRESH the seafood is. Its simply beyond compare. You'd expect fresh fish in Seattle or San Francisco but in Redmond? I don't know how they do it, but its ultra-fresh, I was born in Alaska, raised in Seattle so I know fresh seafood....
The service is polite and friendly, not stuffy nor pretentious by any means.
The interior of the restaurant is clean and modern with a nice contemporary feel to it. It makes a great place to take your date or your family.
The presentation of everything was exquisite. We order several rolls and they were a work of art on a plate crafted my the master sushi chefs that you can watch hard at work.
Price? Extremely reasonable. I have ordered similar food at other restaurants that were half the quality at double the prices.
A few negative reviews exist pertaining to Oishi....these are either jealous restaurateurs in the area or someone who thinks fine seafood are deep fried fish sticks, either way other restaurants should be put on notice that the bar has totally been raised in downtown Redmond.
All in all, I am very happy that a wonderful Japanese option that serves modern, fresh, contemporary dishes has opened up in Central Oregon. If you enjoy savoring the flavors of Japan, Oishi should be at the top of your dining list. Its simply a must try!

• Visited October 2013