“Super yum”

The Original pancake house
Ranked #8 of 141 Restaurants in Redmond
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My family always eats here when we have company and want a great breakfast. Super friendly, quick service, high quality ingredients in a clean and welcoming restaurant. Perfect!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I have eaten breakfast in this establishment about half a dozen times. They always use high quality meats and eggs in their menu dishes. Though the bacon and eggs will cost you near $10 the bacon is the best I've ever had in a restaurant and the eggs yolks are always a dark yellow indicating high quality eggs are used. Also, you get 4 large pieces of thick cut bacon with your order and choice of potatoes or their signature pancakes. Why would you not order the pancakes when they are so light, fluffy and scrumptious. My only complaint is that toast does not come with your order unless you opt out of the pancakes or potatoes. I would love t see them offer a high quality bread with each order. Also, though the coffee is great, I think $2.50 a cup is out of line. The service here is excellent and consistent. I would give this 5 stars if not for the toast and coffee issue. Oh and by the way you can buy a pound of their wonderful bacon to take home for I think around $5.00.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We returned here this weekend after spending a mini vacation in Bend. This time we brought family with us since we had raved about the food from our visit last summer. We were not disappointed!

We were seated within a few minutes (which was very lucky since I think word has gotten out about this wonderful restaurant). Our server was so delightful, the food was over the top good and the cost was a good value. We enjoyed apple crepes, peanut butter and chocolate pancakes, an omelet the size of Texas and pancakes with a ooey, gooey Tropical syrup!

Don't waste your time on the standard breakfast chains...go here and you will not be sorry!

1  Thank USN_Seabee_Wife
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I met a large group of ladies at the Original Pancake house for breakfast last weekend. They graciously accommodated our group and the service was great - very friendly and attentive. They have a fabulous selection of pancakes (hence the name) but more unusual selections than you would find elsewhere. The crepe menu is just as extensive. The bacon is delicious, when they say thick sliced, they really mean it. Perfectly cooked. Because we had such a large group, I was able to see many different choices brought to the table and everyone had nothing but great things to say. The pancakes are light and fluffy, thin not thick. The waffles are also thin waffles, which can be hard to find as you mostly see Belgian style these days. The eggs benedict looked really good and the generous with the hollandaise. If you are looking for a good, fresh breakfast at a reasonable price, Original Pancake House would feed the whole families' senses.

1  Thank kandjOregon
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Fresh and local ingredients make for a great breakfast place. We were lucky enough to be there when the peaches were ripe. The pancakes are light - try the buckwheat for some extra flavor.

1  Thank Lori B