“Nice lunch spot with well-prepared bar food menu”
Review of Smith Rock Brewing

Smith Rock Brewing
Ranked #7 of 141 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Generous sandwiches with tangy sauces. Great thick-cut onion rings and a nice selection of unusual beers. Service was a little slow, but the place was busy, and a large party was monopolizing the waiter. We'll try is again at a non-peak time.

1  Thank botanicalwoman1425

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We dined at this restaurant on May 15, 2013 based on Trip Advisor reviews. We both were in the mood for a good burger and a beer. We ordered our beer, burgers, fries and onion rings and specified that the burgers to be cooked "pink" for my girl friend and "almost rare" for me. Our waitress who also was the owner agree with my cooking specifications. The burgers came "well done" and rather greasy. The waitress agreed with my evaluation and she reduced our bill by $2. Also, the onion rings had way to much batter on them. Understandably, they are still suffering from having been recently opened and I appreciated the price reduction, but we were very disappointed.

2  Thank Ron D
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My family and I had the chance to dine at Smith Rock Brew Pub for the first time last night.
Here are the details -
Atmosphere - Super cozy, friendly and inviting. Nice open kitchen design allows you to see the chef working. A place that you could go after work with friends or on a date.
Service - This place shines! The service was extremely fast, friendly and helpful. Its obvious that they know every detail on the menu and are passionate about the restaurant.
Beer - They have a perfect selection of eclectic micro-brews on tap from across the region including their own Smith Rock Morning Glory IPA - super good! They also do growler fills..
Food - Off the menu we had, a burger, BLT, and Portabella sandwich, onion rings and fries. All the food is totally fresh made! They go above and beyond with their ingredients, preparation and flavors. The onion rings, fries, and hamburger buns? All made in-house!
Price - Super reasonable. The entrees come with a side, so for example, a large burger with fries or another side was around $8.75. This, on average, is a bargain for most brewpubs in Central Oregon, especially when you factor in the quality and quantity of food.
Overall, this is a fantastic new addition to Redmond and we are very happy that we tried it out. We will absolutely be back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a comfy pub in Redmond.....to all the other pubs out there, the bar has been raised!

1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The first time I went here for drinks and apps in the bar with a friend. The beer selection was great. They have guest taps as well as their own. The fried zucchini and mushrooms were really good. The inside is very cozy and really nice. It is kid friendly as well. I went with my husband the second time a few days later. I had a burger that was delicious, everything was homemade. My husband had the BBQ beef sandwich and was amazing. The fries are very good as well, not greasy, lots of potato. They have a really great fry sauce for dipping. The owner was there both times and was very friendly. We went on a Friday night and it was pretty busy but the food came out in good time. I am glad Redmond is adding to the Central Oregon Beer scene!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My grandson told me I had to try the onion rings. He was right - they wer the best onion rings I have ever had. My granddaughter had the hand dipped corn dog and declared it to be the best she had ever had. The burger were delicious and so was the beer. Service - great. This new Redmond restaurant is going places.