“Unbelievably bad service”

The Pig And Pound Public House
Ranked #18 of 139 Restaurants in Redmond
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Sorry Mrmartymoo, I haven't had such good luck there. I have been there a number of times and when a young guy is working and it has been great. He's enthusiastic, friendly and provides good service, even on a day when he was alone and the place was busy. The last few times I was there, the older guy with dreadlocks waiting tables and pouring beer blew me away with his unfriendliness. And not just unfriendly, but acting like you are putting him out for being there! I just have found the service to be unacceptable for me to fork over money to that place. The food is OK if British fare is what you are looking for and the beer selection is good enough. They make their food in house using local ingredients as possible and that is cool. But I just can't get over the service and atmosphere our server created the last few times in there. I am disappointed because I wanted a new place to go in Redmond for a change, but this is not the place for me.

3  Thank lynn r

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Fish n chips were excellent and my wife enjoyed her Scottish egg. I was looking for a dram and a black n tan they weren't on the menu. Tight quarters good service we will be back

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Sorry Patrick B, you must have been a wee bit off-kilter on Saint Patrick's Day. Nothing confusing about the menu or anything else at the Pig n' Quid. This was our second visit and it is had to find anything wrong with the food, atmosphere, service or anything else. First and foremost, its a Pub. But the food is anything but standard pub fare. Dips, sauces, tartar sauce and general condiments are made fresh on site along with their fries and main dishes. You can taste the difference. The prices are fair for the quality of the food you receive. No complaints regarding here! We've tried the Scotch Egg, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Fish & Chips, Vegetarian Pot Pie, and the Spotted Dick for desert. All were outstanding with the exception of the Vege Pot Pie. My wife really liked it but I thought it was just okay. 'Course I am a Beefeater at heart. They serve wine in addition to a rather decent spread of local brews. The only complaint one might muster is finding a place to sit right away when it gets busy. To avoid that we go before 5pm for dinner, otherwise after 8 for a desert. Otherwise grab a pint to enjoy on the deck while you wait for a table. As Summer approaches more people will wand to dine outside on the deck anyways. I understand they serve lunch on weekends. Otherwise on weekends they open at 3 pm. I recommend this facility for couples and small groups. Initially I was not planning to write a review...trying to keep this place a secret but the word is out anyways and besides, I had to set Patrick B straight.

2  Thank mrmartymoo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I went to the Pig and Pound excited to see something new in Redmond. Unfortunately we will not rush back. The individuals that run the resturaunt do a decent job but nothing but the creative and confusing plate names really stand out. We found the menue both pricey and a bit confusing. Perhaps, in a year or so, we will try the P&P again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I went here for the first time and loved it. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. The restaurant is very small but has a great intimate atmosphere. The beer was cold and the food was excellent. We had the fish and chips and then the chocolate pig for dessert. The fish was very fresh and the batter was to die for. Loved it and will definitely return in the near future.