“Tasteless food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Redmond oregon
“Tasteless food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Unfortunately this review will not be good. For many years now my wife and I have enjoyed the excellent food at the Coyote Ranch, but not the past two times we have been there. Last night was so disappointing we won't be back. I had the trout and it was barely warm, the skin wasn't even browned. I don't think it ever toutched a frying pan. It tasted microwaved and the wild rice tasted like it was straight out of the box. I mentioned this to the waitress but her only reply was that most people like it like that! The two chefs were so busy talking continually I don't think they even cared about cooking. NOT GOOD ! Customers are getting less for more money. A disaster for falure.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Coyotedavid, Owner at Coyote Ranch Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
We served over 400 folks this past weekend and I was there to hear nothing but great compliments. We have great food and I demand that from this place tha I have owned for 10 years. I am sorry the last few times you were in did not impress you, but we had some problems for awhile with kitchen staff and that has been rectified with removal and rehiring. This is such a tough business when one employee can screw up the night and hurt all the other hard working employees and owners by making someone mad and right reviews like this. The problem with reviews for the most part is its easier to condemn than commend! Try us again and I am sure you will revive your former content with Coyote Ranch!

Sublimity, Oregon, United States
“Don't Bother. Pricey for the atmospher and quality of food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We took my in-laws here for an early Mother's Day dinner. There were 6 of us. Being a Saturday, we thought we'd call ahead and see if there was a wait or if we needed reservations. The woman said they had a 6:45 time or we needed to go right then (It was 4:30). So we all hurriedly got in cars and drove there. We got there about 5:10 p.m and all the tables were empty in the front room. She seated us in tables that were right in the doorway of the seating area and we asked if we could have a booth and she said they were all reserved. No biggie except when we left there were booths still open not to mention ALL other tables but one along the window that we could have sat at to get out of the middle of the room. The bread and balsamic vinegar and roasted garlic came first. The roasted garlic was hard and we couldn't get it out of the bulb and it wasn't spreadable. The waiter heard me make a comment about it and he brought two more. They were no better. For entrees we had two that ordered 1/2 rack of ribs, two that ordered 1/2 Surf n Turf, one that ordered the Alfredo Shrimp penne and 1 that ordered the chefs chicken special. The Surf n Turf was definitely the jack pot. They both got a 4 oz bacon wrapped beef, and 3 large prawns on a skewer for $17.00. The Alfredo Shrimp pasta came with 7 large shrimp and plenty of pasta. The flavor was OK. It was $17.00 and just 2 nights before I had basically the exact same thing at Olive Garden with salad and a desert for just $13.00 and it was better tasting. Now the two that had the ribs for $17 were the biggest problems. The menu didn't say they would be spicy and they were so spicy my husband had beads of sweat on in nose and my 17 year old son couldn't even eat them. He ended up eating the rest of my pasta. The presentation was horrible. Way to small of a plate for them. And even though they both ordered a 1/2 rack, one came with 7 ribs and where FULL of meat and the other one had 6 ribs and were the end so hardly any meat on them. There was such a size difference that we thought they accidently gave a 1/4 order instead so we tried to get the waiter. He was busy but the hostess saw us and she came over to see what was wrong. She agreed something wasn't right and said she'd get our waiter. The waiter never came over until after we were done with dinner. We explained to him what we experienced and his reaction was, "well that was a 1/2 rack". He did end up charging us for a 1/4 instead of a 1/2 so that was satisfactory. The baked potato wasn't done though either. Definitely won't be going there again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Vale, Oregon
“The Good, the Bad & the Ugly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The good; food was good, not great, but pretty good. I had the ribs, perhaps over cooked, very good sauce. Baked potato was on the stagnant side. Rolls with roasted garlic was really good as was the house salad.
The bad; prices here are not for the faint of heart. The menu was filled with spendy steaks and appetizers, other than burgers, hard to find something on the dinner menu that contained meat on a budget price.
The Ugly; service is terrible. Perhaps they were short staffed, or at least I hope so. Let me clarify, the staff was very friendly, polite. But it took a long time to order, a longer time to get second drinks, forgetful requests for additional drinks, bread, water, and a painfully long time to get the checks.
This wants to be a high end steak house, but i'd look elsewhere.
One word: overhyped

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't blame me if you chose a different restaraunt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

"Coyote Ranch Steakhouse – If anyone is traveling to Central Oregon or live within 200 miles of Redmond, OR. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go straight to this great Steak, Sprits & More restaurant. My wife and I felt like we just walked into a old friends house for lunch. We were quickly welcomed by Matt and he processed our order in a blink. I believe Matt always has a smile on his face 24/7. Kellie, thank you for your hospitality and quick wit. Like I promised I didn’t post a picture of you. Cheers and Happy New Year."

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank 278Casey_L_13
Florence
“Love Coyote Ranch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love this place!!!!! Great food, drink and service. When in Redmond my family always makes a stop at Coyote Ranch!!!!

• Visited December 2012