“Great homemade Mexican food”

Mi Cielo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 135 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Powell Butte
“Great homemade Mexican food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Dining here was a very pleasant surprise. Just a plain little place. The food was homemade and the protions were generous. The price was also very reasonable. The service was excellent. Was surprised it wasn't busier but it was only a Tues night. They are open for breakfast which is rare for Mexican Restaurants in this area. Looking forward to having breakfast there............

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DebSBPowellButte

redmond
“Best Mexican food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is our favorite place to eat mexican food in Redmond! Great service, wonderful food. Nice atmosphere and great prices!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank katl1217
Albany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice gem of a place!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent family who owns it:) super friendly and hard to feel taken care of with customer service anymore

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank kellil15
Bend, Oregon
“Mexican? Don't think so....”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had the the chance to try Mi Cielo the other day and was looking forward to doing so..... Wow....where do I start? Supposedly this is a Mexican restaurant? I have never, ever, never-ever seen a Mexican restaurant have a breakfast menu that looked like a page out of a Dennys, complete with eggs and sausage, nor have I seen any Mexican restaurant flaunt their "American entrees" such as cheesburgers and the like on the main page of their menu. I was completely confused...
The Specialities page was on the back of the menu and it had items more commonly found in a Mexican restaurant. I was tempted to try one of them but after tasting their salsa I decided against it. Their " homemade" fresh daily salsa tasted like they get it out of a can. I ordered a verde burrito that was supposed to be pork but looked more like beef. It was a sloppy mess with ( guess again) more canned verde sauce and filled to the max with rice, beans, a little sour creme, a little cheese and hardly any meat. $8 for said burrito.....Seriously, I love Mexican food with a passion and this wasn't even from the same continent. Mexican cuisine and culture is about passion, fire and flair! Come on! I hate to bash a local place, but this food was truly terrible. I don't know how this place could be so highly rated in Redmond with so many other Mexican restaurants that serve real and authentic dishes? Based on my experience, I would normally give this dining adventure a "terrible" rating, however, the server was friendly and the service was good.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Simon S
Redmond, Oregon
“I love this place”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I don't say this much- but they need to charge more. It's fantastic Mexican food... some of the best I've had. The chips and salsa are made from scratch daily, and you can taste it. Try the Verde Burrito.

Visited January 2013