“Good food and helpful staff”

One Street Down Cafe
Ranked #2 of 139 Restaurants in Redmond
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a very good lunch here and I recommend this restaurant. I mislaid my hat and phoned the restaurant the next day to see if I had left it there. I had and they kept the place open for an extra few minutes whilst I went to collect it. They didn't have to do that, so I record my gratitude here.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have no idea why this place has so many positive reviews. I researched both Yelp and TripAdvisor while looking for breakfast options this morning, and seeking something beyond your typical chain diner, etc.

The place itself was cute enough, with indoor and outdoor seating (with the latter being dog friendly, which is a plus). Inside, there's a directive to seat yourself. It was fairly full but not slammed with a line or wait or anything. We sat down at a table inside that needed to be cleaned up, which it was, then we received waters. Then we had at least 4 different servers walk back and forth by us maybe 2-3 times each, each time telling us they would be "right with us" for about 20 minutes. The service was horrible.

The food was also mediocre at best, and that's being kind. Between the three of us, we got the Huevos Racheros, Breakfast Burrito, and the Harvest Breakfast (your standard two eggs your way, potatoes, meat, etc.) They also have an item on their menu called the Man Scramble. Really? Really. Really? Super sexist. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous in this day and age.

Bill came to just around $35 for 3 people. Not super expensive, but overall a total waste. Skip it.

1  Thank SarahDisgraced
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went there on a Tuesday morning. We sat outside and had great service. The French toast made out of cinnamon bread was delicious.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Oh my gosh! The best French toast...thick, cinnamon slices! My husband told our very friendly waitress it was my birthday, and she brought the most delicious, hot from the oven, cinnamon roll to me! It was incredible...Not gooey, but more bread-like, with cream cheese frosting on the side! It was perfect! Don't miss this great spot to eat!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Have been a couple of times for breakfast and am never disappointed. They always have a daily eggs benedict special, and the french toast was great too. Indoor and outdoor seating - service can vary depending on how busy it is but always a casual welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank srblue