“Great Place to Stay and Visit Central Oregon”

The Lodge at Eagle Crest
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here in January of 2013. I didn't golf, and for that matter, I don't golf so I can't contribute to any of the course conditions. There were a lot of geese and deer on the course which were good to look at. The hazard ponds were frozen over. I doubt the course was open.

Stayed here on a time share exchange. We stayed a week in a very spacious two story condo that overlooked the Deschutes river in a canyon below. Nice to look at. Not close to walk to. I think fishing season is closed in January, but it would be good.

Condo had a master upstairs, large bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Bathroom and tub/shower downstaris as well. Two twin beds downstairs. Nice size kitchen with lots of utensils and such...crock pot, popcorn popper, pots pans, pie dished, oven, coffee maker and grinder...no complimentary coffee. Must bring all of your own goodies. Washer with soap and washing machine and clothes dryer. Overall, very happy and would love to return.

Place is 5 min from redmond, 20 min from Sisters, 30 min from Bend, 45 minutes from Sun river. 30 min from Prineville. 2.5 hours from John Day. Good spot to rest your head while exploring central oregon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trevor H
Geoff R, General Manager at The Lodge at Eagle Crest, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your visit to Eagle Crest and your review of our resort. We were pleased to learn that you found Eagle Crest to be conveniently located to explore the extensive outdoor activities available in Central Oregon. Also we were happy that the accommodations met your expectations and that you would love to return in future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Geoff Roemelt

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days using a Groupon. We enjoyed the stay and the room was very comfortable. We are not skiers or golfers and I think this resort may be better suited for those who are. It was within minutes of other great activities though and we did not want to leave. We enjoyed the restaurant on site, Niblick and Greene's, also. It was really tasty!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband, dog and I went here from Seattle for Christmas this year. I found a great deal on Sniqueaway but I called the resort and they matched the price (better cancellation policy) so we decided to go. We got a King Suite, with a small kitchenette (small fridge, small coffee maker, toaster and microwave plus a small sink and counters). It was a dog friendly room so no fire place but our room opened on to a small patio with chairs and the golf course at the 7th hole with a nice view of the mountains in the background. It has a nice separate bedroom with a VERY comfortable bed and its own flat screen TV. There was a large end table on each side with a lamp and alarm clock/radio also. The TV in the bedroom looked like 42 although the living room one appeared to be a 37 but that was fine. There was a medium sized couch with nice pillows that we cuddled on and a separate chair which wasn't all that comfortable (no arms) so you really couldn't relax in it. The bathroom was pretty, tiled with a large shower but no tub. Off the bedroom and accessible from both the bath and the bedroom was a separate sink and mirror with an open closet behind it. The bedroom also faced the golf course.

The staff was very friendly and helpful the few times we interacted with them. We requested no maid service as we didn't want to be bothered and I just set up house and did all of our cooking in an electric skillet and the microwave. There is a small restaurant/cafe off the lobby that is open most of the day I believe. Since it was the holidays, alot of the businesses in the village were closed, but the Market and the restaurant/bar were open. We didn't go the restaurant but hit the market a couple of times for odds and ends. Expensive, but that is to be expected at a resort.

If your an outdoorsy person, this place is great and we will definitely go back in the spring or summer. This trip, they had about 5" of snow the night before we arrived so no golfing for hubby :(. There are three different golf courses on the property and you can walk to all the areas or drive. It was beautiful and they cleared the roads and golf cart paths so the dog and I did lots of walking throughout the property and even saw some white tailed deer up close and personal. Beautiful! There is a sports area and a couple of pools (the pool in front of the Lodge was open and some people swam although it was about 20 degrees out!!) I walked down one road and found the trailhead that took you down to the Deschutes River but didn't go down because of the slippery conditions and the sign said it was steep. They had beautiful Christmas lights and decorations all over the roads and paths so I finally got my husband to do a walk with us on Christmas night and see a lot of them. Fun!

It was very quiet there, heard people a couple of times in the hallway but never overhead and the noise we did hear didn't disturb us. I would highly recommend this place for couples and families.

The only downside I would say was that the heater was located in the bedroom so to warm the living room the bedroom would be warmer. Not really a big deal as I had brought blankets and told my husband just to use those after I went to bed and turned the heat down while he was still up. Again, not a big deal just thought I would mention it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jodymaryk
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had a week here in a two bedroom, two bathroom including a jacuzzi condominium. This was outstanding. So well equipped with a laundry, dishwasher,60 glasses (!) two television sets, two balconies with tables and chairs. The estate is huge - a mile from the Lodge office to the unit. Lovely scenery and a great range of golf courses, softball pitches, tennis, swimming etc.
Good restaurant as well. Easy drive to Redmond (7 miles) or Bend (16) for good shopping.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

What more do you want from a hotel? We stayed here for lodging, not for the resort. I didn't check out the "resort" facilities. As a hotel, it was superb. Very quiet. Comfortable beds with high quality linens. The room was clean and furnished with a nice large flat-screen TV (cable and HBO). There was also a mini-fridge, but no microwave.

We didn't check out the restaurants either. I have a sense that they would be pricey, but didn't investigate.

It is a ways out of town and off the beaten path, but worth the drive. I've stayed at similarly price hotels in Bend that were not even close in quality and comfort.

One thing: Our GPS didn't have the 1522 Cline Falls Road address, and when we did find the general area, it was not simple to locate the hotel. It is actually located on Mountain Quail, which does appear on our GPS. We spent about 10 minutes driving around the property trying to find the lodge!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin95630
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was such a nice place to stay as it was extremely clean and the room was very large. We had two queen size beds and still had a lot of room. The entry to the bathroom had a sink that was very modernized and kind of cool looking. We didn't eat the breakfast but it was available and looked great for being a continental one. One thing that I think they should have had was available coffee in the lounge all day. There was always ice lemon water, which was great. The golf courses were amazing. It was my first time on a big course and the experience was awesome. I would definately go there again for the experience, especially in the warmer months.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacque R
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just spent a week at Eagle Crest with friends. The two bedroom unit was just right for four adults. Six people can book in the unit but that would be a tad crowded. We overlooked the river and enjoyed watching the gorgeous sunrises every day. Eagle Crest is huge with many, many options of things to do on site. Our guests were from out of area so rather than take advantage of on-site activities, we roamed Central Oregon showing off Oregon to our friends. Eagle Crest worked beautifully for us. We'd happily stay again.

Room Tip: If you want to watch the sun rise, book a 'river view' room.