The Lodge at Eagle Crest
Brasada Ranch(Powell Butte)
$189
$183
$89
All reviewsgolf courseeagle crestking suitecentral oregonplay golfconference centernice resortthe deschutes riverliving roomweather was greatan upgradehot tubresort golffamily friendswasher dryerhigh desertfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2012

What more do you want from a hotel? We stayed here for lodging, not for the resort. I didn't check out the "resort" facilities. As a hotel, it was superb. Very quiet. Comfortable beds with high quality linens. The room was clean and furnished with a nice large flat-screen TV (cable and HBO). There was also a mini-fridge, but no microwave.

We didn't check out the restaurants either. I have a sense that they would be pricey, but didn't investigate.

It is a ways out of town and off the beaten path, but worth the drive. I've stayed at similarly price hotels in Bend that were not even close in quality and comfort.

One thing: Our GPS didn't have the 1522 Cline Falls Road address, and when we did find the general area, it was not simple to locate the hotel. It is actually located on Mountain Quail, which does appear on our GPS. We spent about 10 minutes driving around the property trying to find the lodge!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin95630
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was such a nice place to stay as it was extremely clean and the room was very large. We had two queen size beds and still had a lot of room. The entry to the bathroom had a sink that was very modernized and kind of cool looking. We didn't eat the breakfast but it was available and looked great for being a continental one. One thing that I think they should have had was available coffee in the lounge all day. There was always ice lemon water, which was great. The golf courses were amazing. It was my first time on a big course and the experience was awesome. I would definately go there again for the experience, especially in the warmer months.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacque R
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just spent a week at Eagle Crest with friends. The two bedroom unit was just right for four adults. Six people can book in the unit but that would be a tad crowded. We overlooked the river and enjoyed watching the gorgeous sunrises every day. Eagle Crest is huge with many, many options of things to do on site. Our guests were from out of area so rather than take advantage of on-site activities, we roamed Central Oregon showing off Oregon to our friends. Eagle Crest worked beautifully for us. We'd happily stay again.

Room Tip: If you want to watch the sun rise, book a 'river view' room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary_Oregon_10
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice place, quiet but probably since its the off season. Out in the middle of nowhere so that's the only drawback is the drive to bend is about 20-25 min but not too bad. The room was nice, the bed looked a little small and uncomfortable but actually was pretty comfortable. Seems like it needs to be updated a little but it's still a nice place to stay and very clean.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had an opportunity to stay at the Lodge at Eagle Crest, one of Holiday Inn's newest resorts, as an alternative to the other surrounding lodging choices and i can attest that it was a great experience and made me feel like i was on more than just a hotel stay on business while in the area. I truly felt like it was more of a relaxing vacation.
It was also nice to have such terrific weather while i was there and to see the horses which surround the Lodge entrance and i even witnessed my share of deer roaming the area of the resort and lodge.

Taking advantage of the large indoor pool and a state of the art fitness center were also a plus compared to what i am usually accustom to when staying at a typically branded hotel product.

The Lodge has a nice cafe restaurant with a great selection of breakfast items. They also offer a nice selection of beer choices as well as local micro brews. I recommend a Deschutes Brewery Ale. Great place for hanging out in the cafe or lobby to work on emails etc. if you have to be there on business.

Additional restaurants are also walking distance from lodge as well which i also enjoyed. I also had a nice lunch at one of the resort's green houses off the golf course. Weather was just too nice to pass up and the views are also worth being outside.

I would certainly recommend staying if in the Redmond, Bend or Sisters area.

Additional suggestion. They are a Holiday Inn Resort so make sure you book a rate that earns Priority Club Rewards points. They had some nice bonus point packages when i made my reservation.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business