“The motel part is very outdated”

Prospect Historic Hotel - Motel and Dinner House
Ranked #1 of 1 Prospect B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I can't review the hotel part as we did not stay there but the motel part needs serious updating. The hotel,is historic, but the motel is not even though it was very old. Very cramped room with old worn bedspreads, blankets and curtains. The bathroom was old and the bathroom sink was attached to the kitchenette. Very odd set up. Breakfast is. To included if you do. It stay on the main house so we did not buy it. Dinner was mixed. My husband's dinner was pretty good but mine was not what I asked for. The menu said pork tenderloin, but what came out was a big tough fatty piece of pork loin.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the motel. Check out the B&B
3  Thank Linda M
There are newer reviews for Prospect Historic Hotel - Motel and Dinner House

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Spent two nights here in their motel section. The bed was hard, the coffee machine was stained. I don't drink coffee but my partner does and he wouldn't use it. The microwave was a very low wattage so it took ages just to boil up some water for a cup of tea. The neighbouring motel occupants were noisy nearly all night, in and out of their room and into their car, banging doors all night. The Internet was sort of non existent, I did ring and complain and the receptionist told me to some and sit on the verandah outside the office, their was reception there..I told her this wasn't an option as it was torrential rain and it wasn't undercover from the motel to the office. She did ring me later to tell me that the owner had reset the internet and it worked for a little while. They seemed to be more interested in satisfying their b&B clients rather than the motel clientele. Although it was supposed to be non smoking, there was quite a high smell of cigarette smoke. I think I caught a glimpse of one of the cleaners exhaling some smoke as she went into the next room.

Room Tip: We had room 11, but if you have to stay, I would suggest paying more and staying in the b&B you...
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in September 2013 and experienced great hospitality and the best meal of our trip ,the lamb chops and the steak were divine! The hotel dining room is really lovely and the service excellent, thank you

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jean P
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The room was fairly large and it was very clean. The walls are thin, however, and even though our TV didn't work the entire time we were there, we could hear our neighbors' TV. It seems like the focus is on the people who stay in the higher priced rooms in the hotel and, if you are in the motel, you are treated as less than. The location is convenient for Crater Lake though.

Dinner was okay, but I felt it was way over-priced for the quality.

1  Thank SuzC
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in August and we think it is one of the (if not THE) most unique accommodations near Crater Lake.The property, built in 1888, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is a heaven for travelers looking for an old era! Rooms are small but nicely furnished with antiques. They are named for celebrity guests like Teddy Roosevelt who stayed here several times while working on getting Crater Lake into the National Park programme. Other famous guests are Herbert Hoover and John Muir. It is just nice when a hotel has a story to tell ... or the owner for that manner ... he is a great story teller!

The best food during our 2 weeks trip in Washington, Oregon and California we definitely had at this hotel. They have an absolutely fantastic restaurant.

The owners make everybody feel at home and make you don't want to leave anymore. This was our first time in Oregon and Crater Lake but when we come back we will definitely stay here again. A must stay when visiting Crater Lake!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Corrina F
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband surprised me with a surprise get away to crater lake..it was a last minute trip so his options were limited and he chose the Prospect Historic Hotel. The only choice was the Roosevelt room which had an outdoor balcony but there was no bathroom within the suite. Our private bathroom was just a short distance down the hall and they provided us large very comfy robes for our walks back and forth. It is my understanding the Roosevelt room was the only room like that, but since it was a last minute reservation we were lucky to get a room at all. Staff was so very attentive and the other guests were from all over the globe. Grounds were well taken care of and maintained. This was our 34th wedding anniversary celebration weekend, and it was one of the best thanks to the Prospect Historic Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank ruebiz
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very nice scenic hotel. Rooms were small (as expected) but clean. Staff was friendly, gave us directions to near by waterfalls which were great to see, photograph
Stayed in model section vs B&B area. Nice attractions around hotel
Stayed there 2 nights while visiting Crater Lake

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect
Edgewater Inn
#1 of 4 in Prospect
Crater Lake Lodge
Crater Lake Lodge
#1 of 1 in Crater Lake National Park

Been to Prospect Historic Hotel - Motel and Dinner House? Share your experiences!