“Worth the Drive”

Beckie's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Over Labor Day weekend my friend and I drove 100 miles to have a slice of Beckies famous Huckleberry pie. This was my first time at Beckies and I was not disappointed. The pie was delicious. You just can't find Huckleberry anything at too many places. The atmosphere was that of a country kitchen and smells of grandma's cooking all nestled in a mountain setting of the Rogue River National Forest. The service was friendly and appreciative of our business. We visited at 3:30 in the afternoon and found a waiting line to get inside. The place was packed but was well worth the wait. If you find you don't want to wait the long line to be seated you can always place an order to go and sit at one of the park tables across the street. Becky’s is a must stop when visiting the Rogue River Gorge area.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The burger and homemade chips were great! I believe they use local beef as is indicated on the menu. I didn't have pie, but someone in my party did and said it was absolutely delicious. I loved the atmosphere of the place...rustic and quaint. If you go, get a burger and pie!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I'm sure this place is a gold mine for the owners. During tourist season seating and service can be a challenge. In the off season it can be a wonderful experience. Food opinion is such a subjective thing. Food is average. Pies on the plus side. You should stop at least once. I've seen traveling high school football teams stop here. The coaches go in and enjoy pie and ice-cream while the kids walk around outside and stretch their legs. Funny...

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The place is ancient and quaint, highly recommend you stop for a meal here. Big menu - we had burgers and a couple pitchers of beer.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a perfect stop on your way to Crater Lake from Medford. The atmosphere is casual and friendly, the food is good and the pie is awesome!