“Sweet historic inn”

Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Prospect
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: During the season the Prospect Hotel Dinner House offers dining in an elegant yet informal atmosphere. Sunset Magazine rated the Dinner House as "the best dinner house between Crater Lake and Medford ". A variety of freshly made dinners will fill the heartiest appetite. Freshly baked bread with fresh from the garden salads will delight every taste. The Dinner House is open seven nights a week starting in May from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm through May and then 5:00pm until 9:00pm June thru October and most Holidays. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Loved the service. They were very helpful, friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. We stayed in the motel, which was clean and quiet. There is not much in the way of food choices, so be prepared to pay a lot for what you get at the little store. But the dining room in the hotel is decent, if not pricey. Also, it's a good idea to make a reservation when you arrive if you wan tot eat before 9:00 pm.

1  Thank Cureyoga

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very tasty prime rib and complete meal--a very good value for the money. Nice, local wine list also.

1  Thank Debskalk
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The dining room is open to people staying in the hotel/motel as well as those staying elsewhere. If you are in the area, it is a great choice. While the dining room is very nicely set up, dress requirements are very casual, feel comfortable staying in your hiking gear or getting into shorts and t shirt after a shower. Menu offers good range of appetisers and entrees and staff give good descriptions to any queries. Meals were good size and came with choice of accompaniments. Reasonable cocktail, beer and wine selection from fully stocked bar. Overall, a very satisfying and enjoyable meal in nice surrounds.

1  Thank Emanpee
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Excellent service, Amazing food. Linens and slightly pricy but worth it. They have a nice wine and beer selection and a good variety of dinner dishes. My wife and I were both very pleased with our meals, the service and the ambiance.

1  Thank Duane S
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped in prospect on our honeymoon. We needed somewhere to stay so we stopped in at the prospect historic hotel. The lady at the front desk was very kind and warm.
Food was to costly!
Bed was horrible!
Cleaning lady was waiting impatiently for us to leave an hour before check-out!
Bathroom was really small!

We were 3 hours drive away from the hotel when Fred (from prospect hotel called me). He informed me that I had taken one of the hotel's extension cords. I informed him I did no such thing and he told me he was going to charge $12.90 to my credit card for the missing extension cord. Neither my wife nor me ever saw the extension cord.
Fred basically called me a thief. I was very offended and am never going back.

SOInnKeeper, Manager at Prospect Historic Hotel-Motel and DinnerHouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

It never fails to amaze me the things some guests will do.
This guest had nothing but good things to say to everyone about their stay and then they took the extension cord from the room's refrigerator. On occasion a guest will relocate a cord in their room to power their laptop or whatever. The head housekeeper cleaned and checked that refrigerator that had the heavy duty cord on it prior to this guest's check in. When they checked out the cord was missing. It was pretty obvious it was there when they checked in and it wasn't when they checked out. I contacted them and asked if they had accidentally packed it up and if so would they ship it back. He denied taking it. I never called him anything. I simply stated the fact it was there before them and wasn't now. If they couldn't return it then we would have to charge them for it.
He was told if he did find it to please let us know and ship it back. He stated "He didn't have it". I informed him that we would be charging him for the replacement. Simple as that.

The rest is just phony attacks.

How can a Prime Rib dinner that costs $24 be to costly?

I am sorry that they took the extension cord. But we are not a Hardware store. If he had just said "Oops" we did take it, and then ship it back this would not have been an issue for anyone.

Sometimes guests do take things by accident and it not a problem.