“Great Service, Varied Menu”

Barney Prine's Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Prineville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Locally owed and operated all food is prepaired from sratch in house from our dresings to our meat and every thing inbetween
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Great Service, Varied Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Barney Prine's was recommended by several Prineville locals and my travelling companions and I were not disappointed. We each had a different entree--the New York steak, the Rib Eye, and Chicken--and all were well prepared, to order. Wait staff was cheerful and took great care of us. Also, the pianist who provided background music was very good and asked for our songs of choice.

Visited November 2012

Prineville, Oregon, United States
“Way too expensive for what you get”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our family went to Barney Prines on a Sunday night. We were very excited as the food has been great here before. Let me start by saying there were no other people in the restarant when we arrived, which should have told me something. We ordered and waited almost 10 minutes before we even got our soup and salad, then they served dinner before we were even done with that. I had a Shrimp Louise and my husband had the Chicken Cordon Blue. My salad was pre-packaged lettuce and a handfull of bay shrimp and a large cherry tomatoe (for $15.00), menu said it also came with a hard boiled egg, but, no egg was present on my plate. My husband said the Chicken was awesome, but, swimming in bernnaise sauce.
All things considered, we have decided not to eat here again. Just too much money for the quality of what we got.

• Visited November 2012
Oregon
“Very good -- happily surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant while traveling -- we each ordered NY steaks; I ordered the garlic butter topping; his was "off the grill." Both were prepared as requested. I rarely eat steak so am no expert, but, the steak tasted *reaaaally* good -- very yummy. They were out of baked potatoes which seemed a bit odd as we were there quite early, so I opted for garlic roasted potatoes which were tasty [maybe a titch too much garlic]; fresh veggies; green salad. The portions were quite large.

The service was friendly; attentive. The atmosphere was pleasant -- not fancy, but comfortable.

I would definitely go there again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank runningwithscissors
Camas Wa
“Beware refrigerated prime rib”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

So my wife and I take our freinds to Barney's on a Saturday night. I notice a sign that says "Prime Rib Friday". I think to myself prime rib sounds prety good so I ask if I can get this tonight as it is Saturday. I am told yes and reply I wnat it rare to med rare. Well, my meal is served with everybody elses and I take a bite. Its COLD! I ask the waitress to please bring me a warm version of this prime rib. She takes it back and we sit and listen to the cook rant and rave about how unreasonable this request is. He then comes to our table and offers to soak the meat in Auj Ju (sp?) until it is sufficiently warm (and well done). Needless to say I did not eat there that night. The problem with this as I see it is, this is supposed to be a steak house... I would think that pulling cold prime rib out of a fridge and dipping it in hot liquid would not even be an option. In the future just say no... we don't have fresh prime rib. Hint: make a sandwich out of it.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ed W
Alberta
“Didn't Have High Hopes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Let's be honest. From the outside, Barney Prine's looks kitschy and dated. The inside is hardly any better. There was a lady playing old show tunes on the piano in the corner and the waitresses were a little frazzled even though the restaurant was only 1/2 full. Cocktails are of the standard variety - no "mixologists" have ever graced this joint.

The salad (basic tossed) came on glass plates in the shape of a fish. BUT... the meat was surprisingly good, actually damn good.

We order the prime rib which came to us a perfect medium rare and a strip loin steak that was seasoned just right and incredibly tender.

Not sure how the other food items are, apparently they pride themselves on good seafood as well. Price for the meal - very reasonable.

Went on a drive around the area and found ourselves in Prineville by chance. We went in with no knowledge of the restaurant and no expectations. Thankfully we were pleasantly surprised.

• Visited July 2012