“Beware refrigerated prime rib”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Barney Prine's Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Prineville
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally owed and operated all food is prepaired from sratch in house from our dresings to our meat and every thing inbetween
Camas Wa
“Beware refrigerated prime rib”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

So my wife and I take our freinds to Barney's on a Saturday night. I notice a sign that says "Prime Rib Friday". I think to myself prime rib sounds prety good so I ask if I can get this tonight as it is Saturday. I am told yes and reply I wnat it rare to med rare. Well, my meal is served with everybody elses and I take a bite. Its COLD! I ask the waitress to please bring me a warm version of this prime rib. She takes it back and we sit and listen to the cook rant and rave about how unreasonable this request is. He then comes to our table and offers to soak the meat in Auj Ju (sp?) until it is sufficiently warm (and well done). Needless to say I did not eat there that night. The problem with this as I see it is, this is supposed to be a steak house... I would think that pulling cold prime rib out of a fridge and dipping it in hot liquid would not even be an option. In the future just say no... we don't have fresh prime rib. Hint: make a sandwich out of it.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ed W

Alberta
“Didn't Have High Hopes”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Let's be honest. From the outside, Barney Prine's looks kitschy and dated. The inside is hardly any better. There was a lady playing old show tunes on the piano in the corner and the waitresses were a little frazzled even though the restaurant was only 1/2 full. Cocktails are of the standard variety - no "mixologists" have ever graced this joint.

The salad (basic tossed) came on glass plates in the shape of a fish. BUT... the meat was surprisingly good, actually damn good.

We order the prime rib which came to us a perfect medium rare and a strip loin steak that was seasoned just right and incredibly tender.

Not sure how the other food items are, apparently they pride themselves on good seafood as well. Price for the meal - very reasonable.

Went on a drive around the area and found ourselves in Prineville by chance. We went in with no knowledge of the restaurant and no expectations. Thankfully we were pleasantly surprised.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Wanderwoman10TC
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Best in the west”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

the best steak and seafood restaurant in central oregon

PRINEVILLE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Barney Prine's will not disapoint. Excellent Food and Service. Be ready to pay for an excellent meal. It' is awesome.

Willamette Valley, Oregon
“One of the worst restaurant experiences ever”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This restaurant may have been in business for a while, but it's still not ready for prime time. The staff was completely overwhelmed on a Tuesday night. The wait staff was at a minimum, and were incompetent. Our orders were taken in a timely manner, then the wait began. It took over twenty minutes just to get the soup and salad, which were mediocre at best. After we finally got the waitress's attention, we finally got our bread, then had to flag the waitress down again (once we could get her attention, which took awhile) to get the butter. It took another half an hour before the waitress came by to let us know that we would be served our main course "soon". Another 15 minutes later, she came back to tell us that they were out of baked potatoes and garlic potatoes and that the deep fryer was broken so we couldn't substitute fries. She asked if we wanted extra rice to make up for what we ordered. I told her I didn't like rice and ended up with extra rice anyway. I had to ask again for my glass of wine, then found out they were out of the wine that I had requested. My husband's steak was good, mine was cooked fine, but the sauce on the steak was so overwhelming that I couldn't taste the steak, just the sauce. The side vegie consisted of a few pieces of broccoli, nothing else. My husband's steak was worth two and a half stars, everything else was worth a half star. My warning - STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Visited June 2012