“OK, but expected better”

Econo Lodge Prineville
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Prineville
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“OK, but expected better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Perhaps it was partly because of the loud outdoor beer party at the business next door that night until 2AM, but, as a regular customer of this motel chain, I found this stay disappointing. The room was clean and neat and everything worked, but a bit small. The TV, a CRT type, had various amounts of snow on all channels. It was tough to see the ball during the soccer match. When the dog left in the room across the hall began barking at 11PM I tried to call management. No answer after 15 rings. The dog kept it up until 2AM. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had we come another time, I would probably feel better about returning.

Room Tip: Ask for pet-free room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear steve
Thanks you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay at Econo lodge.
Allow me to apologize on behalf or our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. That was Rodeo weekend and every year we had face this kind problem. we have talk to sheriff and local police. Also end of this year we going to upgrade TV in our motel rooms.
We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Prineville
Kind regards
manager
Sunita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Glacier, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel looks like an older place but it is very nice. The service here J's excellent and friendly. Clean hotel nice little breakfast in the morning and just a wonderful place to stay simply because of the friendliness of the hotel staff. I had something stuck in my tooth and she went out of her wag ti get me a toothbrush because I lost mine. I recommend this out of any of the others on town BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lauren h
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear,
Miss Lauren

Kind Regards,

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Read through the reviews and saw that the 2 main issues was the smoke and the noise. I did not encounter both during my stay for a night.

I did see the pub next to the motel, however it being a weekday, it was quiet (and appeared closed). Took a room on the second level, and it was actually awfully silent.
There is indeed some smell of smoke along the corridor on the second level, but i couldn't smell anything once i entered my room.

Some comments:
1. The lady in charge of the place is friendly and accomodating
2. The breakfast is simple, bagels, orange juice etc. Just something to fill you in before setting off.
3. Not much electrical points in the room for gadget-heavy me.
4. The free WIFI works fine.
5. The room is spacious, and clean. Bed is comfortable.

Would not hesitate to stay here for a night again, provided it's not the weekend with the local joint open.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear,
conjured

541-447-
Newberg, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I and our dog "Diesel", stayed here for the Legion Round up the weekend of the 28th and 29th. Our room was clean and we had plenty of room for our dog. They are very friendly and very accommodating. Only 2 things though. First, I wish they didn't allow smoking rooms at all. This would make it even better. Second, on Friday and Saturday nights, the bar at Brothers gets really loud late at night into the early morning hours. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. We have stayed here the same weekend for the last 5 years. They have really improved the last couple of years. It's convenient to the Veterans club so we can indulge in an adult beverage and not have to get a ride. We can just walk to our room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Del W
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
We have tried to address the bed smell of cigarettes with air fresheners in the passage ways, unfortunately this is a very small motel and folks smoking outside with passage doors open, the smoke wafts in. We are in the process of properly re-sealing the doors so that the smoke will not waft in the passage ways.
we also have addressed the music noise next door, but restaurant they leave the door open and it is much nosier, we will contact to restaurant manager again to help solve this problem.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The smokers win here; hallway smoke smell was overpowering. Even though my room was non-smoking and several doors away from smoking rooms, I smelled smoke from inside my room. I give credit to the manager; when I mentioned that the smoke was a problem for me, she opened the outside doors to the interior hallway, which helped the hallway, but not my room. Bed was just right firmness for me, and the linens were nice. Manager was friendly and eager to serve the guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Linda D
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Linda

With your recent review, we are actively working on accommodating our non smoking guests to have a pleasant stay without having to experience heavy smoke smell. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your comment!

Hope your travels were pleasant and to see you again.
STEVENSON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

The new lady at this motel is trying very hard to improve the overall image. And I think it is working. It used to be you could not trust the rate you were promised, not so anymore. At this point I would recommend it over for example The city Center Motel. The rooms are more spacious, particularly the bathrooms with a full tub & shower. The continental breakfast could stand some improvement, stronger coffee and orange juice instead of Sunny-D but all in all I'd recommend this motel to anyone for a comfortable stay. I wish I could remember the woman's name; she will work with you on an extended stay rate etc. If there was a 3.5 on the scale I'd up the rating!

Room Tip: I suppose the away from the parking lot and at the end the furthest away from Main St. I can see whe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank vovhund
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Stevenson,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to improve and continue to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Econo Lodge in Prineville is a clean, friendly, inexpensive place to stay. The breakfast is bagels, muffins, coffee, and orange juice. Not fancy, but adequate. The staff are really helpful. I've stayed there twice now and plan to stay more in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Rob D
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Rod.

541-447-6231
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prineville
Best Western Prineville Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rama Inn
Motel 6 Redmond
Motel 6 Redmond
#7 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Econo Lodge Prineville? Share your experiences!