“Good for the price”

Econo Lodge Prineville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Prineville
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I and our dog "Diesel", stayed here for the Legion Round up the weekend of the 28th and 29th. Our room was clean and we had plenty of room for our dog. They are very friendly and very accommodating. Only 2 things though. First, I wish they didn't allow smoking rooms at all. This would make it even better. Second, on Friday and Saturday nights, the bar at Brothers gets really loud late at night into the early morning hours. The bed was comfortable and everything worked. We have stayed here the same weekend for the last 5 years. They have really improved the last couple of years. It's convenient to the Veterans club so we can indulge in an adult beverage and not have to get a ride. We can just walk to our room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Del W
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

We have tried to address the bed smell of cigarettes with air fresheners in the passage ways, unfortunately this is a very small motel and folks smoking outside with passage doors open, the smoke wafts in. We are in the process of properly re-sealing the doors so that the smoke will not waft in the passage ways.
we also have addressed the music noise next door, but restaurant they leave the door open and it is much nosier, we will contact to restaurant manager again to help solve this problem.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The smokers win here; hallway smoke smell was overpowering. Even though my room was non-smoking and several doors away from smoking rooms, I smelled smoke from inside my room. I give credit to the manager; when I mentioned that the smoke was a problem for me, she opened the outside doors to the interior hallway, which helped the hallway, but not my room. Bed was just right firmness for me, and the linens were nice. Manager was friendly and eager to serve the guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Linda D
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Linda

With your recent review, we are actively working on accommodating our non smoking guests to have a pleasant stay without having to experience heavy smoke smell. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your comment!

Hope your travels were pleasant and to see you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The new lady at this motel is trying very hard to improve the overall image. And I think it is working. It used to be you could not trust the rate you were promised, not so anymore. At this point I would recommend it over for example The city Center Motel. The rooms are more spacious, particularly the bathrooms with a full tub & shower. The continental breakfast could stand some improvement, stronger coffee and orange juice instead of Sunny-D but all in all I'd recommend this motel to anyone for a comfortable stay. I wish I could remember the woman's name; she will work with you on an extended stay rate etc. If there was a 3.5 on the scale I'd up the rating!

Room Tip: I suppose the away from the parking lot and at the end the furthest away from Main St. I can see whe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vovhund
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear Stevenson,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to improve and continue to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Econo Lodge in Prineville is a clean, friendly, inexpensive place to stay. The breakfast is bagels, muffins, coffee, and orange juice. Not fancy, but adequate. The staff are really helpful. I've stayed there twice now and plan to stay more in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob D
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Rod.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute room, stayed just 1 night as we couldn't sleep due to the bar next door and the drunks running through the halls all night yelling. The continental breakfast consisted of Sunny D, coffee, and there was one bagel. It was a roof overhead for the night. Decided to move down the street to the Best Western for our remaining time in Prineville.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Logowears

Reviewed July 20, 2013

On the last leg of my road trip, I discovered that I need a layover spot for one more night. I chose this motel, because it was the cheapest one I could find at the last minute. All I needed was a place to shower and sleep until morning and this place fit the bill.

Located in the center of town, it is also next door to the local bar/hangout, probably the only one in town. The music/noise wasn't a problem, I didn't even notice. Parking is sufficient, but if you get there late, expect to have to park out back behind the motel.

The WiFi and TV worked well enough and more importantly, the A/C was strong and powerful. However, the A/C is pointed right at the bed, so it can get chilly in the middle of the night if you have it running full blast.

This place was built in the 50's or 60's and looks it. A lot of the fixtures date back to then and the rooms haven't been reworked since. There's a definite shortage of power sockets. I found the clock unplugged from the extension cord where it looks like the maid had run over it with the vacuum.

Breakfast was muffins, bagels, juice, milk coffee, etc... good enough to get you back on the road in the morning.

Overall, this motel was clean and comfortable enough for an overnight stay, but I would chose someplace else if I were planning to spend any significant amount of time at the motel itself.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank H
SunitaC, Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Hi Frank,
Thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts frankly. We are in the process of planning renovations and your concerns with the outlets and A/C positioning will be added to the list of improvements. Also, I apologise for the clock; I will ask our housekeepers to be more attentive in the future. Your feedback has been helpful.
Thanks,
Management

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here several nights recently. I was a bit worried when I drove up as it looked a bit..well, really budget...but the rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable. Even though it was right in the heart of downtown during a busy weekend, our room was very quiet. Everything was close, and the manager was very helpful with recommendations. We will definitely stay there again when we go back to Oregon. The rooms are small, but have everything you need including a little table, TV, and tissues! (surprisingly missing in other pricier hotels I've stayed in recently!)

Room Tip: Rooms on east side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nocotravelgal
SunitaC, General Manager at Econo Lodge Prineville, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Nocotravelgal,

Econolodge, Prineville

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prineville
Best Western Prineville Inn
#7 of 8 in Redmond
Crooked River Inn
Crooked River Inn
#2 of 4 in Prineville

Been to Econo Lodge Prineville? Share your experiences!