“Great Value But Rooms Need More Light” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stafford Inn

Stafford Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Prineville
Oakton, Virginia
“Great Value But Rooms Need More Light”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The Stafford Inn was the right choice for us. It was an excellent value. Accommodating staff, nice, clean rooms, and all of the comforts of home. The only negative comment is that room lack sufficient lighting. Problem can be solved by adding more table and floor lamps.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 4EverOnTheGo5Star

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed at the Stafford based on other reviews here. I arrived after a day long motorcycle ride, I was hot, tired and just ready to crash. The staff was wonderful and pleasant. Had me park my motorcycle out front so they could keep an eye on it for me. The room was clean and comfortable.
Loved the cookies available in the late afternoon to early evening.
I will definitely stay there anytime I am in Prineville.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Skytigr
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

I wasn't expecting the hotel to be much, considering the small town that it was in. But I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. My teenagers loved the pool at this place more than any other on our vacation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had car trouble, and they helped us get our car fixed.
There was a breakfast included, which was very good, as these kind of breakfast go. But the favorite thing that my teenages liked was that there was a popcorn machine that had popcorn anytime you wanted, and that the front desk made fresh chocolate chip cookies for the guests in the evening. When we are in the area again, we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank vacationmom20
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Very clean, staff friendly. Access to internet in lobby. Large room with iron and hairdryer provided. Nice continental breakfast--lots of choices, both hot and cold. Has pool and exercise room, but we did not use. Hallways were a bit noisy with slamming doors throughout the night. Overall, a good value.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

We stayed one night and occupied rooms 318 and 319. They are identical in shape and amenities: kitchenette with a microwave oven and mini-refrigerator, living space with two couches, table/desk with two chairs. Bathroom wasn’t roomy but the sink/vanity was separate and outside of the bathroom so one of you can shower while another person brushes his/her teeth.
If you love Bath & Body Works product, you are in luck – bar soap, shampoo, lotion all were from B&BW.
When I checked out the inn’s website, I couldn’t find if they offer Internet or not. But free Wi-Fi was offered and there was a computer at the lobby you can use.
I was a bit disappointed on their breakfast offerings. I am a hearty eater and a cold meal depresses me. Only hot items were gravy (for biscuits), coffee, and tea. A toaster was there so you can toast breads, bagels, English muffins, and waffle (like Eggo) but I am not counting those as hot items. I had the biscuits and gravy, orange juice, coffee and reheated some left over prime rib beef from the night before I was keeping in the mini-refrigerator – thank god for the doggy bag.
Speaking of doggies, the inn allows pets in the rooms. If there is a choice, I usually pick non-pet establishments over pet ok places in hope for a cleaner and quieter room. Fortunately, I was reminded about the inn’s pet ok policy only twice – when I was checking in I saw a plaque at the lobby about their pet policy and when I was checking out in the morning, I heard a dog barking from somebody else’s room. No pet hair or pet stains sighted in the rooms which are good.
Overall, this is a basic “plus” establishment and the plus part isn’t a tacky way but a comfy way.
A good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SWMDL60
oreogn coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We found this motel very pleasant to stay at. the staff,rooms,cont. b-fast etc where great, we had no complaints and will be back next we stay inPrineville

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank joevania
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

The room was large and very clean. It had a western/woodsy decor that wasn't overdone. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast had lots of choices and the area was kept very clean. (Also liked that they used real dishes instead of disposables.)

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank TravelBuddy08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prineville
BEST WESTERN Prineville Inn
Econo Lodge Prineville
Econo Lodge Prineville
#5 of 6 in Prineville
3.5 of 5 stars 65 reviews

Been to Stafford Inn? Share your experiences!