WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Powell Butte
Portland, Oregon
“great familyplace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised. Only 3 hours from Portland. Nice for a weekend or weeklong vacation close to home. The weather is a bit drier and warmer than Portland (at least in Spring/summer/fall). The views are amazing. You're looking at the snow-capped mountains everywhere you go. They have 1-3 room cabins. I would rate on the more luxurious end. Washer, dryer, full kitchen, with all the needed utensils, pots/pans, etc. Some even have an outdoor hottub.

Golf course is supposedly decent. They have an athletic club with indoor/outdoor pools. Toddler pool. Decent gym. Teenager hangout area with video games, ping pong, air hockey, foos ball, and a small rotating climbing wall. They have a few ponds stocked with large mouth bass, crappie, and bluegills. Equestrian riding center. Tons of biking and hiking in close vicinity.

I only wish Bend was a bit closer. Other than that I would love to be back. Great family place.

They had a small wedding there and it didn't seem crowded at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear nahlalee,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the Ranch and what it has to offer. We will pass along your compliments to our team, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Ranch.
Warm regards,
Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Big Sky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I just had the pleasure of my first visit to Brasada Ranch. While I was only on property for 24 hours, I was able to experience many of the touch points the community offers firsthand. Every detail of the experience met or exceeded my expectations. The lodging was luxurious and comfortable, the food in the Ranch House was outstanding! I only visited the practice facility at the golf course, and it is awesome...the bent grass greens were true and fast, and the practice facility offers a great putting green and short game practice area. I could have spent the day there. All this, and there seemed to be very little play on the course. The architecture on the property is a refreshing and bright mountain contemporary style, and the construction quality is higher than I anticipated for a property in this price range. I only wish I had my wife and children with me so they could have enjoyed the spa and children's activities. I met several of the key professionals on the property whom all took the time to visit with me personally, and each embodied a professional yet casual demeanor which was very welcoming. Brasada is a hidden gem, and an up and comer in the Central Oregon and Pacific Northwest resort and membership community. I'm already looking forward to my next visit, and I would encourage anyone who enjoys golf, spa, dining, and an active outdoor family lifestyle to check it out...you will be happy you did!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Will L
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Will L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback regarding your most recent stay at Brasada Ranch. We are truly pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that our Team Members exceeded your expectations. We are lucky to be in such a beautiful location, and enjoy sharing this with our guests. We hope to see you and your family on The Ranch in the near future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very nice cabins and great golf course but never have seen as incompetent service ANYWHERE in the world (and I'm an airline pilot) as the Ranch House for dinner . Those two girls need some serious training . We ate breakfast there and the service was great. We probably will not return because of the uncompetent service.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eddie737
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Eddie737,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to learn that your dining service experience fell short of the quality level we strive to deliver. I am truly sorry that we let you down. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our team. We take your observations very seriously and we will utilize your comments to emphasize the importance of high quality service during our ongoing team training.

We would certainly like you to return to Brasada Ranch for a future visit to experience the quality of service for which we are known. Please feel free to contact me directly, I would be happy to personally make arrangements for your future visit.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed at Brasada with a group of friends for a golf trip. Everything was top notch. The golf course is challenging, but playable and in extremely good condition. The food and service were excellent. The facilities are great. Will come back with the family next time.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear JJJ1234JJJ,

Thank you for your review of Brasada Ranch on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit and you found the golf course to your liking including your comment on the excellent service. We look forward to your return to The Ranch with your family in the near future.
Warm regards,
Needham, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can't say enough about Brasada Ranch. The staff was attentive and top notch. The food was outstanding. The golf course was terrific. And the housing luxurious.
I would happily head back to Brasada for fishing, golfing, or a family trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

First off, we love Brasada Ranch. It is a truly special place, and the accommodations and amenities are first rate. We live in the area, so we're lucky enough to be able to visit on a semi-regular basis. This latest getaway we stayed in a Lodge suite (we had previous stayed in the cabins.) If anything, it was even more lovely and luxurious than the cabins - and that is saying something. Truly 5-star. What isn't 5-star is the service in the Ranch House restaurant. Granted, the Range, the fine dining restaurant is closed for the season, but even for a casual eatery, the service is way below par. These kids just don't have a clue. No idea how to serve wine, how to bring food - the basics. It wasn't just our recent dinner. I had lunch a week ago during a spa getaway with a girlfriend, and we were both negatively impressed at how inept the staff was. I think Brasada's patrons deserve better - and so does the wait staff. Invest in a little training, and bring the dining experience up to the level of this truly lovely resort.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mt. Jeffferson Room - lovely!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Ellen R,
Thank you for your review of Brasada Ranch on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was happy to read that the guest room exceeded your expectation. The experience you received at the Ranch House certainly not what we envision for any of our guests and I will be contacting you directly to review your experience. I have shared this with our Food & Beverage Manager and we will be reviewing our service standards and expectations with our team immediately. We do hope that you will keep us as one of your local places to dine and welcome your return where you will see what actions we have taken to improve our service levels.
Wilsonville, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family and I were really looking forward to our trip to Brasada Ranch but, unfortunately, we were disappointed in several aspects of our stay. Here are the issues we had as follows:

1. We arrived at 3:45 (check in was stated to be 4 PM on the information we received) and we were told our room was not ready. We have small children 5, 3, and 2 months. We were directed to the activities center to wait. Our room was not ready until 5 PM. We were presented with a $50 gift card for the inconvenience, which was appreciated but the delayed check-in should not have occurred.
2. They rent cabins with full kitchens. I expect to bring most items, but was surprised to fine no plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or even Tupperware to preserve leftovers during our stay. This was minor, but should be included with a full kitchen.
3. We had appointments at the spa for massages. Again, we have small children on a schedule. The spa was running late the day we had our services. Apologies were provided, but this was the second time we had to wait during our stay.
4. The biggest disappointment of all was the Cowboy Cookout. When I spoke with the activities planner the Cowboy Cookout was described as an evening where kids will experience a stick horse rodeo, a visit to the equestrian center, and cooking hot dogs and smores on the campfire. I was told because our children were less than 6 years old we would need to attend with them, but that they could still participate. We planned on attending the event with them and thought we would all have a good time given the description. When we arrived we were told we didn't need to stay and that it was really just going to be playing some games in the hideout and cooking the smores. There was no discount in the price (even though it was not as described), it was still $50 per child (even though the books in our cabin said it was $35 per child). We opted to just go to the Ranch House and do the smores ourselves since there was not much more than expensive babysitting occurring at the Cowboy Cookout. Our children were very disappointed.

I want to add that the staff everywhere we went on the property were very nice and I do not blame any staff for our issues, it was just poor communication.

This resort is extremely expensive. We spent $1900 for our 3 nights there. I would have expected to not have any problems for such a premium price and I expected to have organized and high quality children's activities for the prices charged.

Needless to say, we will not be returning in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ellen R
Dear Ellen R,
Thank you for your review of Brasada Ranch on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback. I was disappointed to learn that certain aspects of your recent visit didn’t live up to your expectations, specifically the delayed check in time for your family, especially after traveling with young children.
Regarding your comments on the Cowboy Cookout, I am truly sorry that we did not delivery on what we communicated. It appears that, this cookout was affected by the weather so the Adventure Planner did not want to take the kids down to the horse pasture and get wet and cold. Do we feel that we have a great program, absolutely and we will reevaluate our Cowboy Cookout going forward and have a solid program in place to anticipate any changes that may occur from the standard offering.

If I can be of further assistance to you now or in the future, please don’t hesitate contacting my office directly, my direct line is 541-504-3227. I hope that we may have an opportunity to better serve you down the road.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell Butte
#1 of 43 in Bend
Pine Ridge Inn
Pine Ridge Inn
#7 of 43 in Bend

Been to Brasada Ranch? Share your experiences!