“B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!!”
Review of Brasada Ranch

Brasada Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Powell Butte
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed her because they had a Groupon deal going. We usually don't stay at places like this because of the price, and not being sure if it'll be worth it. But we are super glad we had the opportunity to find out. We didnt have time to do much, because the groupon was only for 48 hours. But with that said, it's still 100% worth it. So worth it that we're looking forward to staying here again for a longer stay, and at regular price.

The facility and land can't be described with words. All I can say is that its gorgeous! And very serene. U can't help but relax.

• Stayed: October 2012
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear acaciarae08,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. I agree, it is a challenge to describe Brasada Ranch and once you get here you will understand why. We look forward to your return in the near future where peace and quiet are on the menu.

There are newer reviews for Brasada Ranch

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Once again, this summer, our family made our trip from the valley over to central Oregon. There are many choices available of where to stay. Some resort locations are closer to us, some are farther away. Our first choice is always Brasada Ranch!

This lovely resort property has what our family enjoys: a beautiful place to stay and many sport venues. We stayed three nights at a lovely 2-bedroom cabin. Our car had a covered parking area designated for our cabin. The home was so nicely decorated, and we had a lovely note from the owners on the kitchen counter with a chilled bottle of wine in the refrigerator waiting for us. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom, tv, phone, and plenty of space to unpack our suitcases. There was a great hot tub on the outside deck with a beautiful view of the mountains. There is also great laundry facilities in the cabin, so golf and tennis clothing can be taken care of quickly!

With three sunny days during our stay, my husband and son enjoyed golfing at the Brasada Ranch golf course on their first day. Their comments were, "this is our favorite course in central Oregon!" The pool on site is wonderful! There is no need to rush down and save a chair first thing in the morning, like at other resorts near by. There are plenty of chairs to choose from and we can always find one to relax in. The staff offer cool drinks and food on a menu that they bring to you. The pools are great for any age. There are tennis courts located near the pool.

In the evening, we went down to the restaurant and enjoyed drinks while we talked about all the events of the day. The meal, as always, was delicious. Brasada is located close enough to enjoy the opportunities in Bend, but far enough away to have a lovely holiday away.

You can easily get to the activities in Brasada by car, bike, or walking. One very nice detail: the day of the golf tee time, the club house had a staff member drive up a golf cart to pick up our two golfers and their clubs!

What we enjoy the most about Brasada Ranch, is that it is not as big as the other resorts. The smaller scale allows our family to enjoy the many amenities without the stress and the hurried pace that we have experienced at other Bend locations.

Enjoy Brasada and what it has to offer. It is our family's first choice to stay at whenever we are planning a trip to central Oregon.

Room Tip: We enjoy having a cabin that has a golf course view. Love watching my golfers while sitting on our...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear OregonExplorers4,

WOW and Double WOW!

It is exciting to read about the time you and your family had over the Labor Day weekend on the Ranch. You truly explored the resort and we are pleased to read that our activities and facilities met your needs and added to your experience. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to your return where we have a few activities you missed during your stay.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our 5th tour and as far as I am concerned from the moment we were met at the airport until we left it is clear that ALL staff were trained ( I might add VERY well) to solve problems and find solutions to make my stay well beyond enjoyable.

The bartender's searching for mint for my gin and tonic
the humor from the shuttle drivers
Brenda searching for MORE marshmallow's
the chef's tasting menu
Mary Paxton saying HOW HIGH if one of us asked her to yet again jump thru hoops
the maid LEAVING my tip thinking I might have accidently dropped it on the towels ( I explained and fortunately the next day it was gone !!)

I as General Macarthur said....shall return !!!

Barto

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Bart G,

Your review simply made our day - thanks so much for sharing your stories of great service by our team! We have been honored to be your 5th tour stop at the Ranch and we hope you left with special memories of your time in Central OR. Thanks again, safe travels!

Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was part of Tony M's 16-man annual golf trip (see recent reviews), and I reiterate his copious, well-deserved praise for Brasada Ranch. Everything was ready for us; the staff are very friendly and helpful; the rooms are A+; the golf course was especially "user friendly," was in terrific shape (fast greens), and has beautiful views from most of the tees. Saw the kids riding horseback on the trail around the golf course. On short notice (10 minutes), the chef prepared an excellent vegetarian meal for me, and everyone else sang the praises of the chef for their meals. Mary Paxton went way "above and beyond" any reasonable efforts in creating personalized "cape" as our gift for our fearless leader, which was one of the highlights of our stay. Can you believe they have a beach volleyball facility, with a sand court!?! The workout facility is excellent, too. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Brasada Ranch for a family, for a romantic stay for couples, and for a group trip of golfers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Golfer-breaks-80,

Thank you for your review, recommendation and identifying those key points of your stay that made a difference in your experience at the Ranch. It is wonderful to read that our team handled the many details and arrangements’ for you gentleman with care and accuracy. Mary enjoyed creating the garment for your leader and has a heart for hospitality. We hope to see you back on the Ranch when your travel schedule allows.
Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have pondered whether or not to write this review but as I booked our entire 31 night Road Trip based on Tripadvisor Reviews , I feel it would be wrong not to. Below is the letter that I wrote to the General Manager of Brasada Ranch and his subsequent reply ( which I received within one hour).

"Dear Jeff,

Further to the survey I have just completed, I wish to further elaborate on our Brasada Ranch experience.

I was so very excited at the prospect of our stay at B.R. My husband, 10 yr old daughter and I travelled from Ireland on July 22nd and embarked on a road trip that took us through Glacier National Park, then across Montana , into South Dakota, back through Wyoming, Cody, West Yellowstone and Idaho before arriving at Brasada Ranch. The reason that I list everywhere we travelled during our trip is because in every hotel, lodge, cabin and resort that we stayed in up until we reached B.R, we were treated with utmost courtesy, respect, incredible customer service, warmth and true hospitality. Regrettably this changed upon our arrival at your establishment.

Indifferent, disinterested, apathetic and lazy are indeed strong words but ones that most definitely apply to the majority of the staff we encountered during our stay. This applies especially in relation to the staff at The Range Restaurant and Bar. Dinner is not inexpensive here by any stretch and I fully expect to receive what I pay for. We were left standing at the door upon our arrival and having then been greeted we were left standing there still while the hostess sorted out our table....the restaurant was not busy neither inside or out on the patio but she took her time stopping to laugh and chat with the bar staff while we stood waiting. Our orders were taken by an indifferent server...minimum engagement. It took over 45 minutes for our entrees to arrive. This we were informed was because there was a "members dinner" on and the kitchen was attending to this first! Simply unacceptable, we were made to feel like 2nd class citizens. We refused to let it spoil our evening but when our meal did arrive, my order was incorrect. I ordered my filet mignon to be cooked medium rare, it was medium to well. I had requested Bernaise Sauce ... I received peppercorn. I did not complain about my filet as at this stage we were all very hungry and again we did not wish to spoil our evening. Upon moving out to the fire pit , I went into the bar to order four glasses of wine, I had to carry two out and return back in to carry out the other two. In all the five and four star resorts I have stayed in in I have NEVER had to carry out my own wine let alone have to return to collect the remaining glasses.

The following evening we ate at The Ranch House which was marginally better although it was very clear that the server ( female) was under pressure. My friend asked the young chef ( red/ ginger hair) a question about the specials. He snapped out an answer and turned away. Upon returning to The Range fire pit and going in to order some drinks , I was ignored by the two male bar staff. A lovely elderly gentleman that was standing beside me drew their attention to me and that I needed service. I requested a S'mores plate for my daughter.... All gone, I requested two different types of beer for my husband... all out! The gentleman beside me upon hearing this conversation asked them to check with the kitchen to see if they could try to find a S'mores plate. Well surprise surprise one appeared and I was told I was in luck !!! Again I carried all the drinks and s'mores plate out myself .

Jeff, Brasada Ranch as a property is truly stunning, our cabin was just to die for. The Athletic Centre is beautiful and the staff that work in there are really great friendly people. But the staff everywhere else let it down and that is unacceptable. We do not enjoy being made feel like second class citizens. If the members are indeed as it appeared more important then Brasada Ranch should be members only.

There are other instances of apathetic service that I could list but I feel I have made my point. I very much hope you will take this onboard and address these issues. "

And the reply

Dear Mrs. O’Connell,

First allow me to thank you for choosing Brasada Ranch as one of your destinations as you traveled through the states, as we realize that there are many other places to stay in our region and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you and your family even though the behaviors of some of our team members reflected otherwise.

I want to thank you for “calling us out” on the apathetic service, poor execution of our cuisine and I am embarrassed to read this was your experience at Brasada Ranch.

I have received your survey as well today and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to communicating with us quickly to our guest survey and in writing this email. I am sorry that you traveled such a distance then to experience Brasada Ranch in the manner you did and I assure you this is not acceptable, our sincere apologize for falling short in these areas noted.

I will be sharing the many details that you have clearly written with the team and please be assured we are using your feedback as a training opportunity for every team member here at the Ranch.

As I see from your survey you are from Ireland, I wish for your safe travels and I trust you will return home having warm memories of the positive experiences you had while traveling our country. We will continue to focus on providing a high level of guest service to all of our guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ClairabelleIreland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I host an annual golf trip for 16 guys. I picked Brasada Ranch this year as our "home spot". All of us could not have been happier. Unreal and friendly service. Facilities are top notch and a great, fun golf course. The folks at Brasada set up all the details for me - set up all the rounds to the local area courses (Pronghorn, Crosswater, etc), set up the transportation as well as dinner outside in Bend. The took a ton of the hassle out of the entire trip. HIGHLY recommend choosing Brasada for a guys trip or a family spot. Tons to do.

Room Tip: The 4 bedroom / 4 bath cabins are AWESOME.

Tony M,

Thank you for your kind words, and your complimentary Trip Advisor review of Brasada Ranch. We trust that as you traveled through Central, OR your experience continued and you found all of the people providing friendly service. We do hope to have the opportunity of hosting your golf outing once again or return to the Ranch and share it with your family in the near future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I spend our 30th wedding anniversary in Suite 4 of the Ranch House. The view of the mountain range, golf course and surrounding property was spectacular! We golfed on the beautiful course and rode horses led by a friendly, informative cowgirl. The trail rides took us up in the hills to spirit rock where the view was breathtaking and a perfect photo opportunity. Relaxing in the pool and dining at both the Ranch Restaurant and the Ranch House made our stay feel so all inclusive we did not need to leave the ranch property. We both highly recommend the Brasada Ranch experience to couples and families alike.

Room Tip: Corner suite has large deck and the most amazing view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

First, congratulations on your 30 years of marriage, we are honored that you choose Brasada Ranch to celebrate. Sounds like you took full advantage of the amenities including a trail ride to Spirit Rock which definitely is a special place to view and photograph the natural beauty of our region. Thank you for your Trip Advisor recommendation and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell Butte
Best Western Plus Rama Inn
Wall Street Suites
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 44 in Bend

Been to Brasada Ranch? Share your experiences!