“Perfect family trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Powell Butte
New York
“Perfect family trip”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Can't say enough greath things about our time on the Ranch, wish we had more time to stay. The two bedroom cabin felt like a small house with plenty of room for the family (we had one with a loft and pullout bed in addition to the two bedrooms). We brought our bikes which would highly recommend as its a great way to get back/forth to the athletic facility/pool and also enjoy the paved bike paths around the property. The kids loved seeing the horses at the stable, looking for lizards across the ranch and fishing in the ponds. The restaurant in the main lodge was wonderful and moderately priced. Very family friendly. Try the home made smores. Golf practive facility was $20 for the whole day with cart

We will make this an annual trip, loved every minute.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom with loft sleeps 6 in beds
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trevor C, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased that your entire family enjoyed their time with us. It is great to hear you had the opportunity to take advantage of our accommodations and surroundings of the Ranch with so many bike trails and amazing variety of wildlife in the local area. It certainly sounds like a "perfect family trip". We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just spent 4 days in the beautiful ranch house of Brasada Ranch. The food Fantastic, dinner at the main restuarant, The Range was well, for a foodie GREAT. Did have to work around a wedding. But enjoyed it to the Bottom of our stomachs'. Breakfast is for the hardy eaters in the ranch house, felt like we should of shared it.
Golf.......Unbelivable! Perfect greens and fairways, and superb service by the staff. Unbelievable vistas took almost as many photos as we did shots! Spectacular staff (make sure to have a breakfast sandwich). Or at the least a Burger Dog!!!!
Would go back tomorrow......and do plan on it

Room Tip: Husbands first massage.....he say's he'll do another one....Fire ring outside Ranch House co...
1 Thank Mitzi M
Trevor C, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments. We are extremely pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our services and amenities at the Resort. We always enjoy the feeback we receive from our foodies and share your love of the menu offerings in all of our outlets...especially the Burger Dogs. We look forward to your quick return to experience even more of what Brasada Ranch has to offer.
Davis, CA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This resort has the potential to be a Boulders or Four Seaons Resort because it has a magnificent location and the rooms and cabins are beautiful and well equipped. Beds are comfortable and the bath ammenities are nice. It is also very quiet. The restaurants have great sunset views. The Ranch even has a fire pit. Melissa is the person with whom we made our reservation and she was great. The spa folks were also great!

The bad: service sucks at the resort. Dinner at the ranch started out good. The food is reasonable and ok. Not the best food but not bad. After we got our entrees we never saw our waiter again. We waited over a half hour and he never asked us if we wanted dessert or coffee. This place was not busy! We finally went to the bar to pay. At breakfast we ordered fruit and never received it.

The worst part is the front desk: We asked for the password for the Internet and the girl said to us instead of just giving us the password " did you not get a map yesterday it is on your map? ". I thought this was a really stupid response. Told her yes I did receive my map. The funny thing is that she is the one who checked us in but never told us the Internet password was on our map. Why could she not just tell us the password. Who would have thought the password would be on a map! But it gets better. When we made our reservation, we were told we would have to change rooms the second night as we made our reservation late. No big deal. I was told there probably would not be a cancellation but try in the morning to see if anyone cancelled . I called before 10 and I was told Someone would get back to me. I did not hear back. Went for a bike ride and got back at 12:25. Called again and was told I would get a call back. Never got a call back. Went to the spa as I had 1:45 appointment and while I was at the spa they called my cell phone and left a message at 1:58 saying that I did not check out of the room and that their checkout time was 11:00. They then called the spa and got in touch with my husband and said we needed to check out immediately. He said I was in a spa treatment and they said they knew that but I would be out soon that I needed to check out. My husband was scheduled for a spa treat right after mine and he said that they would have to wait as I could not pack the bikes. When I got out of my spa treatment noticed that I got a call from the front desk and when I called I was made to feel like a jerk that it was my fault that a guest checking in would not have the room they wanted. I was told that Melissa was wrong to tell me that I could call in the morning. We all know if you travel a lot that it is common when you are told that you will have to move that there are normally cancellation and you normally do not have to move. I feel that I did my job and called. I should not have been made to feel bad. It ruined my relaxing moment at the spa and also ruined it for my husband. When someone says they are going to call you back, they should. We are the customer and we pay as customers this resorts salaries. I am furious on how I was treated. The funny thing - we have another reservation at this resort Sept 2 for 4 nights! I think the problem with this resort is lack of customer service training. This is a management issue. I personally feel really bad. However, I really like this place

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and share your experience from your stay. We are pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed much the Resort facilities and accommodations; however, we share your disappointed that the service you experienced in certain areas was well-short of expectation. Please accept our sincere apology. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent and sincere service for every guest, in every interaction, and we will certainly share your comments with our team and utilize your review as a significant training tool for our service education and development. We look forward to your return visit and give you every assurance that we will provide the service and experience that would be expected from all of our guests at Brasada Ranch.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place came highly recommended by a local in Bend, and we are glad we followed up on it. It was not easy to find, but we finally saw some advertisement in a golf magazine for it. Imagine a gorgous ranch on a hill with stunning views of the mountains with first-class amenities and an excellent golf course (which attracted us). The food and service is excellent, and the activities range from a high-end pool, horse-back riding to superb golf or tennis. We will be back there!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor C, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the services and amenties during your stay. We are even more encouraged by the word-of-mouth recommendation you received. Thank you again and we hope to see you return to Brasada Ranch soon.
portland
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was our second annual stay at Brasada Ranch, which is in Central Oregon east of Bend & Resmond.

We rented a nearly 1,300 sq. foot "cabin" that's totally first class. Flat panels, surround sound, granite & slate throughout, etc., two master suites with king beds, wrap around deck, BBQ and ours even had a hot tub.

We'd make a 10 minute walk down the trail to the pools & rec center. Or sometimes we'd ride our bikes.

The Lodge itself is staffed by a young but very considerate & helpful staff that pretty much says yes to anything they possibly can.

The pools are gorgeous & warm with endless views, a built in lazy river & slide. The poolside burgers were tasty.

The rec center has a full workout setup--but we were too busy to use it. They have a kids activity area upstairs. Our kids (5&6) loved the mini climbing wall, low hoop on the basketball court, the air hockey & the Wii and Xbox type games.

The casual dining cafe in the lodge is excellent & reasonably priced for a resort this nice. There's another much nicer & expensive restaurant, too, but we'll wait until the kids are older for that one!

One other super cool thing: they have fire pits a whole bunch of places for making smores. At the biggest one they even have warm blankets if it gets too cool for you.

Nothing ever felt crowded--even the pool on a busy summer Saturday. We're already talking about our trip for next year!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank bruce s
Trevor C, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you much for coming back to visit us and sharing your wonderful feedback about your experience. We were thrilled to hear that your entire family enjoyed their stay and were able to partake in so many of our services and amenities around the Resort. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Hillsboro
Reviewed July 19, 2012

But we will. We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay here. We rented a beautiful 3 bedroom cabin\house with large en suite bedrooms all with King size beds, tv's and gas fireplaces, a well equipped kitchen, high tech stereo\tv system, covered outdoor patio and hot tub. The view of The Sisters was so relaxing - It was perfect for 3 couples.

The property theme was the same as far as individual houses\cabins and judging from that we believe any other rentals would be of the same quality and amentities but possibly different sizes. We did not stay in the Hotel.

We had most of our meals at our place but we did enjoy a dinner and breakfast at the Ranch House restaurant where the faire was very good and the service was even better. Everyone at Brasada was very friendly.

Two pools ~ inside and out ~ were great with the slide, hot tubs and water features. They even have lifeguards.

Though we wanted to we did not golf at the beautiful course due to a tourney going on and also because the price was a little steep for us -- but Juniper Golf Course in Redmond and MeadowLakes in Prineville both of which are challenges are within 30min.
We have stayed at SunRiver and Black Butte both of which are nice family areas but are too crowded for us.
We came, we stayed, we loved it!!.. We will be back

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LivinNow
Trevor C, General Manager at Brasada Ranch, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for your willingness to share (as difficult as it may be) the details of your expereince at Brasada Ranch. It sounds like you were able to enjoy the amazing views as well as our accommodations, amenities and services throughout your stay. We hope you get a chance to golf with us on a future visit. We appreciate your wonderful feedback.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Good - Immaculately kept - the grounds, the cabins, the golf course all common areas are prefect. Love the architecture - nicely done. The place is big enough that is "swallows" guests - we were constantly told that the resort was full but rarely saw others - we didn't hang out at the pool, but the golf course and the restaurants seemed vacant when we went - which was nice. The equestrian center - out of this world - my wife continued to call it the "Four Seasons" for horses. If you make your way down there you'll see - we rode two days, great guides - very well mannered "kids" - you'd hope to your raise your own like these two girls that led us. The cabins had everything in them including washer dryers - beware no spices/foil/napkins, etc. so bring/buy everything you need food wise - all the pots and pans you need.

The Not so Good: the service at times was lacking - tough I'm sure to find talent way out in the middle of nowhere - a five star resort and service this is not. While very friendly and willing to help they and the resort lack the little things that could truly set this place apart. No bell service, no assistance with finding your cabin or instructing you on the features - and there are many A/V items, lighting, gas grill, fireplace, W/D, etc. that could have used a quick 5 min. tour - not a tough thing to offer. The service in the "formal" restaurant was poor at best - under staffed - not the servers fault I don't think they have the proper mgt. to direct the staff. The food was OK - nothing spectacular but acceptable. The "activities coordinators" - the two girls working the desk were rather clueless and frankly uninterested in helping us - serious attention should be given to this area as we would have loved more ideas/suggestions on things to do but finally gave up asking them and figuring it out on our own.

We'd like to come back - we enjoyed our stay and think the service can only get better - if you are thinking this is a five star property don't - go with the attitude that the service isn't going to match the property and you'll have a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin that over looks the golf course with nothing in front of it - there aren't many...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback of the Resort, including the great expereince you had at Equestrian Center with our trail rides. We are also truly sorry that we fell short of your expectations with service and food offerings. Having that sense of arrival and Resort orientation is a critical piece of welcoming our guests to Brasada we will certainly improve our consistency to ensure this is delivered to everyone who checks in with us. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with our entire team. We appreciate the time you took to share your experience and hope you stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Powell Butte
#1 of 44 in Bend
Hampton Inn & Suites Bend
Comfort Suites Redmond Airport
Best Western Plus Rama Inn

Been to Brasada Ranch? Share your experiences!