We rented a cabin here through SniqueAway for three nights. My husband called ahead an secured us a better view, higher up on the butte, with a hot tub. So, it's worth it to be nice.
1. This is a drive from Bend and Mount Bachelor, definitely not walking distance. Just FYI.
2. It's a beautiful drive through the entry, up past some small (stocked) ponds and under a walking bridge to the main lodge. There are some rooms here too, I think adults only--I didn't see them. There's a casual dining place in this building, a resident dog, a library, roaring fireplace.
3. There are other buildings surrounding--the fitness center, a spa, fancier dining place. It looks like a kid-friendly place for the summer, with playgrounds and pools.
4. The equestrian center is down the road, closed in winter.
5. The cabins are through a gated entry. It looked like some were owned, some rented out by the property (I can't confirm this). There are walking and biking paths as well.
6. There's a golf course on property.
7. Our cabin had a reserved covered parking space.
8. The cabin was beautifully appointed--leather sofa and chairs, granite counters and full kitchen (refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave), all cutlery and pots/pans you'd need to prepare a meal, dining room table and chairs, TV, DVD, stereo system. There was even a stackable washer and dryer. The bedroom was comfortable, small closet, another TV, desk and chair, nice linens. The bathroom had a large tub, tiled shower, nice toiletries.
9. Outside deck had a grill, hot tub. We saw some wildlife, birds galore, bunnies everywhere.
10. Only downside? Neighboring cabins threw a party, which was loud--but the security staff did come by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brasada Ranch is an expansive 1,800 acre resort named "Oregon's Best Destination Resort" by The Oregonian and is ranked #1 on Conde Nast Traveler's Best Resorts in the Pacific Northwest. Cascading up the Powell Buttes, Brasada Ranch offers legendary views of Bend Oregon and nine Cascade Peaks, and boasts over 300 days of sunshine annually. Amenities include: 18-hole semi-private golf course (play is reserved for Club Members and Resort Guests); 17,000sf Athletic Club with complimentary fitness classes, tennis and athletic courts, water slide and multiple pools; Range Restaurant and Bar (open seasonally); Ranch House serving three meals a day year-round; miles of hiking/biking trails; equestrian trail riding and boarding facility; and Brasada Adventures - ready to prepare blue ribbon fly fishing excursions, white water rafting, mountain biking, helicopter, cave and brewery tours, and much more. Accommodations include luxurious Ranch House Suites, and one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom Sage Canyon Cabins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Brasada Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brasada Ranch Hotel Powell Butte