“Good Italian for the Price”

Pastini Pastaria - Downtown Portland
Ranked #97 of 4,276 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Pastini Pastaria is Portland, Oregon's Italian restaurant with a passion for pasta. Experience our lunch or dinner menu featuring over 30 Italian pasta dishes, fresh salads, sandwiches, and more. We are also a Portland gluten free restaurant serving different types of gluten free pasta and desserts.
Eugene, Oregon
“Good Italian for the Price”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant while visiting Portland for the weekend. We ordered an appetizer (artichoke and garlic dip with bruschetta) and each ordered a pasta dish to share. I had the baked ziti with sausage, and it was a nice, solid dish. My husband ordered the seafood canneloni, and it was legitimately quite good. The bread they serve is also fantastic, although I think it comes from a bakery off-site.

Overall, for a Saturday night dinner, the place was a little crowded, but the waitstaff was efficient. I wasn't overwhelmed by the service we received, but it was perfectly adequate. The food was good and the prices were extremely reasonable.

If you're looking for fine dining, this restaurant isn't it. But when you compare it to a mid-priced chain restaurant, it comes out way ahead. I'll definitely come back the next time we're in the area and in the mood for Italian.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Mary A

Federal Way, Washington, United States
“Great large group meal”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The food was fine and reasonably priced.

The service was excellent for our large group. Very attentive from our short wait through the meal. Fun and friendly without being over the top.

Des Moines, IA
“Great food, attentive service”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This restaurant is simply one of the best I have been to for pasta dishes. It is a smaller place, but the menu and dishes truly are great. We had some of the best service while eating at this restaurant also. Our waitress was fantastic! Nice, quieter environment as well.

• Visited November 2013
Boynton Beach
“Adequate”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Reasonably priced, good service, and nice atmosphere for a downtown eatery. Food good, not great - adequate. Would I go back? Yes.

Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“Who knew Portland had realy good Italian?”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

we decided to scout out restaurants on our first night in downtown Portland and our concierge referred us here. The place was BUZZING on a Friday night, but we were able to be seated quickly and found it to be lively and friendly. Ordered one of the signature dishes with linguine and broccoli...it was really super and surpassed my expectations. The pasta was light, hit all the right taste buds and the staff were all helpful and responsive to our needs. I would definitely recommend this.

• Visited October 2013