All reviews nespresso machine front desk huge shower food carts pillow menu stand up shower food truck happy hour in the lobby honor bar corner king room nice boutique hotel free beer amazing hotel a wonderful stay location is great late check per night
Selected filters
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

As a hospitality professional myself I know what to look for when I stay at hotels, the Dossier has it. Attentive, welcoming, personalized. Special shout out to Phil at the desk, knows his stuff and his city.

Hotel was clean, unique. I especially enjoyed the corner room that had a large picture window in the bath, great shower.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2019

Thank you so much harrahs for the shout out to Phil! He is a great part of the team and I will ensure he receives your praise. You have good taste with the corner King room, definitely one of our most popular accommodations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our online community and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2019

Spent three nights on business. Very central, welcoming staff, nice room (good size, comfy bed, bathroom very clean and well equipped). Restaurant also nice. Even the gym better than average (quite big. Try out the spin class videos on the bike).

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Thank you for the great praise mpd771! And you covered pretty much every topic I would so succinctly: location, comfortable rooms, good food, nice gym with Peleton bike and, most important, our beloved staff. So happy we hit all of your talking points and excited to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

General manager

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Great weekend w my 3 teenagers and going on first college visit to Reed. Close to many fun restaurants and shopping, the Dossier is fancy and comfortable. Park in public lot down SW Alder! Nice hotel & comfy room.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2019

Please to host all of you while you visited Reed! We hope that it ends up being the college of choice so that we can welcome you back for your future campus visits. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with such big decisions on your plate; we truly appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you again melloone!

Your Humble Host,

Reviewed February 25, 2019

Excellent place, VERY comfortable beds and pillows, nice rooms, SWEET and friendly staff -- really super-duper-nice people!! The bathroom was amaaazing. Excellent location and walking distance to everything, right near transit as well. They also have valet parking if you have a car. My only quibble is that after we got home, I had a $35 charge for the "honor bar" for items I didn't take -- apparently gummy bears and wine. (Interesting snack...) But I didn't even see those things in our room, which means those items weren't properly restocked -- and left me feeling like I had to "clear my name." The person I called to resolve the matter was very friendly and helpful, and removed the charge right away. But there must be a better way to do an honor bar so you don't get charged for stuff that wasn't even in your room. I don't want to have to take inventory the moment I enter a room to document the honor bar contents. A conundrum. Other than that blip, stellar stay and we will definitely be back!! Thank you to the lovely staff!!

Room tip: Do the "tree hugger" thing to skip linen/towel changing and you can 1) be left in peace, and 2) get a $5 credit for the honor bar!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience Brooke! Sorry about that blip... when it comes to the automated "don't even think about touching that coke or you could be charged" system or the post checkout system we went for the latter but, as you pointed out, errors do occur. Glad the staff rectified it right away for you! We look forward to having you back. I will absolutely pass your praise on to the team here; we are so proud of what they do every day.

Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the Dossier for a night on a recommendation. Was visiting friends in the city and needed somewhere central. You are walking distance to everything you could need. Ride sharing is plentiful and you’re just a few minutes from the bridges across town.
I pulled up to curbside valet and was promptly greeted. Zack helped me with my bags and answered a few questions I had about the area. He is very knowledgeable of the city and was really great to chat with. Great asset for the hotel. Valet is pricy everywhere in Portland, but getting you car back warmed up and not caked with snow is so worth it.
Walked through double doors into the lobby. You are greeted by a well staffed reception desk and friendly welcomes. It’s really nice walking into a hotel and feeling like they’ve been expecting you. This an impressive team in terms of service, friendliness and pride of work. I was greeted by name when passing thru the lobby which usually only happens at 5 star hotels. It really speaks to the level of service and training here. A super talented group of men and women. Great job guys!
I was in a loft suite. A well appointed room with all the amenities and a cool view of the city. A greeting card from the staff was a simple yet impactful gesture from the hotel. The bathroom had a big bath tub and full walk in shower with nice quality soaps, shampoos, etc... A spacious living area with a yummy selection of snacks in the minibar. The bottle of wine was a local Pinot noir, you should definitely try it if you’re a fan of reds. I loved the bed, very comfy and warm with seemingly endless fluffy pillows. I’m sure the other rooms are great as well but I must recommend springing for a suite and indulging a little.
The following morning I stopped at their restaraunt, Rosa Rosa. They have a solid selection of pastries, sandwiches and the usual breakfast staples. The coffee is out of this world. I fancy myself a coffee snob and their brew is up there with the finest. I must have had 6 or 7 cups before getting up. Yum!
On the way back to my troom, I was greeted by Jared who asked about my stay and if I needed anything. Such a sharp and talented hotelier. Those simple interactions with the team at Dossier really sent my stay over the top.
The Dossier is 2 parts classic, 1 part trendy and a dash of hipster. It is quintessentially Portland. Words don’t do justice when trying to explain the feelings you get when you visit a place like this. Can’t wait to come back and wouldn’t stay anywhere else.
Great for couples, business meetings, family or flying solo. Definitely recommend. Sincerest gratitude to the great people at Dossier Portland!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank DK_ninjaaaaa
ZachM1038, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

I don't think a better review has ever been written (about anything, not just us). So grateful to you DK ninjaaaaa for taking the time to share your experience with our online community and we can't wait for your return to Portland. You are a gentleman and a scholar... and apparently a ninja. Which makes me think... how did the front desk staff see a ninja pass through the lobby? Clearly they, and Zach, should get raises. Next time hopefully we can guide you through exploring more of Oregon's impressive wine country!

Jared Dayton, GM