“A nice Westin in a great downtown location”
Review of Dossier

Dossier
Ranked #27 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This boutiqey hotel in a central downtown Portland location is nicely situated. Close to central shopping district, boutiques, restaurants and more. Close to transit stations and more. Rooms are comfortable. We were on the 18th floor with a nice view and great simple decor. The bathroom was ample with a great shower, bathtub and great towels and robes. Nice service and support.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Westin_Portland_GM, General Manager at Dossier, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the great benefits our central location provides. Our Heavenly Showers are one of my favorite amenities that we offer and are well paired with our oversized bathrooms and getting you on the road to renewal. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Portland when your travels next bring you to The Rose City.

There are newer reviews for Dossier

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We have stayed at other Westin hotels. The rooms in this one looked old and were small. There are no coffee makers! The carpet and the curtains were not very clean (dust and dirt behind the windows-I got to discover this because my toddler likes to play hide and seek behind the curtains!). The bathtub wasn't clean. The bathroom sink had water backing up in it and after a couple of uses the water was completely backed up and looked gross. Although, the hotel was in a good location and the staff were very friendly, I don't think I'll be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mmirf

Thank you for taking the time to offer insight into your experience. I am sorry that we did not better meet your expectations. I will be sharing the feedback with our team and working to address the issues that you noted. Our coffee makers are placed in the Armoire in the room in a pull out shelf and can occasionally be over looked. We take great pride in exceeding our guests expectations and clearly fell short of that mark for you and your family. I would welcome further discussion if you wish to contact me directly at matt.tronsdal@westin.com. Again, please accept my apologies for a lackluster performance and know that we will be addressing your concerns in short order.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been to a lot of Westins and most have been pretty good. However, I was really surprised with this particular hotel. Not your typical Westin but more of a boutique hotel. Very good service with friendly staff in a very central location. Overall, nice experience. Excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here when I was in Portland for a work-related event. My husband and I were impressed by the cleanliness of the room and especially by the bathroom. The room was fairly basic but still nice, our view wasn't the best but it also could've been worse. The bathroom was almost as large as the rest of the room and was like an oasis. It had a large soaking tub and a waterfall shower. The bathroom was significantly more impressive than the room itself. The staff was friendly and helpful and we had a nice stay. This was March of 2013 but I can't select that.

Room Tip: Request a view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The room we had was a king bed, the bed was comfy, and the bathroom was very big with a great shower head. We had drinks at the bar and Terry was a great server! We ended up eating dinner too and I highly recommend the chicken pot pie!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The Westin Portland,is a sweet hotel in a good central location. It's nice that it isn't too large, it has more of a boutique hotel feeling. My room was smallish, with no great view, but I was happy enough. I would be happy enough to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ApricotHill
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The locations of this hotel is very, very good.

You are close to everything. The Nines is still my first choice but this is a close second.

The staff are very professional.

Of course the Heavnely bed is always a winner.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business