“Don't stay at this Hotel.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Portland Airport

Rodeway Inn Portland Airport
Ranked #107 of 138 Hotels in Portland
College Place, Washington
“Don't stay at this Hotel.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed at the Rodeway Inn Portland Airport over a few times in 2012 and 2013, but this years, was a bad experience. I arrived at the Hotel about 10pm, and was given a ground floor room, which was a mistake, because for several hours a sleezy couple were smoking in their car right next to my room. I called the night manager, and he confirmed that they paid for the room next to mine, but I didn't know that. They were not the type of people that you want to have a room next you all night. The women in the car looked like a prostitute and he looked like a pimp. Moreover, the WiFi was very slow and pages would not even load 50% of the time. And the front door seal was torn off allowing cold air to come into the room, unless you put a towel along the door jam. When I confronted the Manager, that would not offer me a discount on my hotel charge, for the problems described.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing to take the time to review The Rodeway Inn. I would like to apologize that you felt like we didn't help you. When you notified the front desk of the outside activity a guest agent went down researched your concerns and called to ask you if you would like to move rooms to make you feel more comfortable. I wish you hadn't declined. The internet is currently being updated with faster speed and a password and it is unfortunate you will not be here to experience our upgrades. I did speak with you and informed you because you booked thru a third party I was not able to monetarily compensate you but that I would be happy to send you a gift certificate for a future stay and I will still do that but it is always our intention to provide the greatest customer service to every guest no matter what the case.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
White Salmon, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

In my recent stay with Rhodeway I was horrified. When we checked in I noticed dry blood and other stains on the sheets. There was also NO pillow protectors. When I was checking out, I pulled the sheets back and the mattress protector came off with them, an open condom wrapper was underneath. I could not believe it. I am an ex maid and housecleaner and know that ALL areas should be checked and that ALL mattress protectors should be cleaned. I normally have my two children and I am glad that neither one of them found this.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sarah M
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that this is what you encountered. We train all housekeepers to remove all bedding and examine all mattresses, replace with new bedding and yes all pillows have pillow protectors. I would like to reassure you that I will conduct a full investigation into what might of occurred with this room. Please feel free to contact me at anytime and we can discuss further as well as I can give you my findings after investigation.

Update: I have investigated this incident and the room was broken into and used after housekeepers had cleaned the room. The person responsible for this miscarriage of hotel procedures has been let go and I can give you my word this will never happen again. I appreciate that you at least let us know so I could do something about it.
Didsbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stopped in Portland on our way through, with no hotels booked. We used the priceline app to find an affordable place and found the Rodeway inn. Check in was quick and friendly. Rooms are very nice and super clean. Bed was so comfortable, we almost didnt want to get up and continue our journey! Great experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying and reviewing us. We appreciate your business and time. The Rodeway is the perfect hotel is you are looking for an economical stay for an overnight visit. We as a staff pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable room.
kerrville, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Outstanding hotel/motel. The general manager and her staff do an excellent job keeping
their customers happy. easy check-in, great rooms and friendly staff. (5) star in my opinion.
Great deal for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you the review. Rodeway is great hotel for guests that are looking for a nice clean room with comfy bed and convenient bathroom. We provide very little amenities so we can keep the cost economical. This particular hotel is clean and well cared for. The Rodeway Inn does not provide breakfast or microwaves/refrigerators with the economical cost of the room. We do provide, excellent service, clean room, comfy bed, nice bathroom and 32 inch high definition dish network television for your enjoyment.
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here twice, at the beginning and the end of our America/Canada trip. The first time we were downstairs and the second time upstairs, the stairs are not a problem at all as some people have complained and they do have disabled units downstairs. The rooms are well appointed and very clean and the airconditioner was lovely and cool during hot weather. Both reception and housekeeping staff are helpful and courteous and the breakfast was very enjoyable. The only negative was the Saturday night we were there, they were full and the hot water wasn't hot enough. We informed the staff and they said it had been fixed that morning but perhaps it hadn't been rectified.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 82Janey_D
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing to review your stay with The Rodeway Inn. We are glad we could provide you great stays both times you stayed with us. It is true we had water heater problems the night of your stay and they had been rectified. We had to replace the pump and it was discovered in the evening of your stay and we had it repaired Saturday morning. We take every compliant seriously and do everything in our power to rectify complaints immediately. This hotel is great for guests who need a bed and shower for an early morning or late flight out of PDX. We are close to the airport without the noise of airline traffic. We look forward to your return visit.
Glendale, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

For one of the cheapest rooms in the city, the Rodeway Inn hit all the high points: Courteous staff, clean rooms, little noise. The pool was also clean, too, and the shower was clean and had great water pressure. The only issue I saw was the lack of elevator. The motel doesn't have many third-floor rooms but my girlfriend and I got one, and it was a bear to haul all of our travel gear up two flights of stairs (not that I didn't need the exercise).

For the record, we stayed in a queen room, and the commute to downtown was about 15-20 minutes and was easier to handle traveling the non-highway route.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you fro reviewing our stay with us. Our Rodeway Inn is a great price point for a room with a comfy bed and a hot shower. Our staff does pride itself on making customer service being a top priority and understand the importance of an impressive. It is annoying being an exterior property ad outside properties do not have elevators. Please feel free to contact the front desk and see if we can accommodate a lower floor for your convenience We have a great transit system right behind the hotel and it only costs five dollars to get downtown and back without the hassle of driving. We have easy to read and understand map at the front desk. We look forward to your return trip.
Los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Very disappointed at this place's managerial system. I booked through Expedia asked for a room that would accommodate 3 people with 3 beds, so Expedia charge me 1 room with two beds and one extra rollaway bed. What happened was that when we arrived at the Rodeway Inn the front dest staff told me that they never have rollaway, and addressed that it's Expedia's fault, so I was forced to pay for an extra room besides the one we reserved.
To compound the discrepancy, at time of checking out next day I found that Expedia had already charged my card the price for the room with 3 beds. So we talked to the assistant manager of Rodeway Inn and at the same time called Expedia described to them the problem, the result was that, the Rodeway Inn assistant manager promised to talk to their manager (who was undergoing family issue and was not there that day) and call us back asap to resolve the issue.
Anyway, Rodeway Inn never call us back, and when we called them like the 3rd time, the front desk receptionist said to us offensively "do you know anything about hospitality? you've stayed the room already, nothing we can do, it's Expedia's fault, Expedia is the 3rd party, nothing to do with us!" So we asked him back "so, Expedia has nothing to do with you, can you tell me that Rodeway Inn is not receiving any revenue from Expedia upon this transaction at all? Expedia may be the 3rd party, but it's the extension of Rodeway Inn.......!" one common sense immediately silence the front dest staff, and so he connect us to the manager, who claimed was not informed regarding this matter at all...............!
Well, what happened at the end was that Expedia and Rodeway Inn tried to avoid their own responsibilities by blaming one another, and I ended up paying for an extra room and the rollaway bed that never exist in the first place..............
The funny thing is that I wasn't really looking for refund or anything, it may be a surprise to Expedia and Rodeway Inn that, all I looked for was their acknowledgment of the issue, make improvement in avoidance of similar problems, and perhaps a sincere apology......!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMor179, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Portland Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I would like to apologize for the miscommunication between the third party used, the hotel and the hotel staff again. I would like to remind anyone who books their stays through a third party reservation system to please reach out to the hotel to confirm your stay needs and make sure the hotel can provide the amenities you require. We are an exterior corridor hotel and as such we do have or offer roll away beds. The hotel and its staff will always go out of its way to provide the best customer service possible to every guest.