“Very fresh and hip - love it!”
Review of Jupiter Hotel

Jupiter Hotel
Ranked #67 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Los Angeles
“Very fresh and hip - love it!”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I stayed at the Jupter Hotel last month with a few friends and loved it! The hotel was modern, clean and fresh! I would compare it to a W hotel, I only paid 59 dollars a night, and it REALLY was AMAZING! I can't believe they can price some of the rooms that low. Definitely a place to go with friends or boyfriend/girlfriend. The location is perfect placing it walking distance to many great shops, restaurants, vibrant nightlife. The rooms were SO unique, they all have a different vibe and look. The staff was amazing and made everything so easy to do. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, and I can't wait!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Eugene
Reviewed March 22, 2009

Great and friendly staff, but the room was like a cheap motel. It was very small and noisy. Paper thin walls allowed unavoidable voyeuristic invasion of the couple in the next room making love. I would only recommend staying here if you want to crash after a Doug Fir show. Otherwise, don't expect to get any sleep before 2 or 3 A.M. Phone didn't work, door didn't close tightly, TV was old and fuzzy. I really wanted this place to be as advertised, but it is no such place. Without the Doug Fir next door, the only difference between it and another cheap motel on Burnside is that it charges $8/night for parking and the others are free. Sorry.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mkw55

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I was only staying 1 night in Portland and wanted to make the most of it so I went through all the reviews for downtown hotels, but found nothing I liked except for The Ace, but I was not going to share a bathroom.
I looked at the Jupiter and was intrigued by the Doug Fir music club on premise, but when I realized I could just walk over the Burnside bridge to downtown and the free transit zone, I went for it.
What a great find, from the moment I walked in I liked the buzz of the place, a lot of young musical types.
I got a room with bamboo theme and the clean lines & decor reminded me of The Standard in Hollywood.
After going downtown I returned for a nightcap at the bar and the bartender told me there was no cover downstairs, that night if I wanted to checkout the bands. Good young bands and a great room.
The Jupiter is a destination unto itself.
BTW they have very limited parking, grab a street spot around the back.

1 Thank frankspurs
san diego
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I had a chance to escape sunny San Diego for Valentines Day and headed up to Portland. This hotel was great; we checked in late and loved the feel coming from the bar with live music downstairs. The front desk staff was welcoming and very laid back they made it instantly comfortable. We quickly dropped our stuff off and headed to the infamous Doug Fir for a local brew and to watch the show. The food was great, and the environment was awesome! The rooms were very simple but I was just happy the heater worked. By the way the chalk is ONLY for the doors. We had the suite with plenty of room and a great location right off the street so we could walk to the delicious coffee shop right across the street. Overall nothing beats the vibe here which makes it a great place to stay, not to mention the front desk staff being very helpful.

• Stayed February 2009
tacoma
Reviewed January 26, 2009

The Motel was hyped up from a friend, and we were excited to experience the restaurant and go to a show. I was overall underwhelmed. The food was good at the lounge, although we were told the wait would be a half an hour. . .and an hour later we were seated. The "hotel" really was a trashy old motel with some new paint and Ikea looking decor. It looks like a good place for a large event, or a crazy night with friends. We did not sleep at all, we felt like we were in a college dorm room. It felt like the people in the room next to us were standing over our bed shouting.

• Liked — location to downtown
  • Disliked — no sleep at night!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 5, 2009

me and my girlfreind got a room at the jupiter for NYE. everything was fine but when we checked out a few days later I checked my credit card statement to find that they had charged me more than double what was agreed upon. when I asked for explanation of the extra charges they told me I got the room too dirty. honestly I would like to bring legal action against them. At all cost dont stay here! and if you do pay cash!

• Liked — honestly nothing
  • Disliked — double billing and no comunication
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz
Reviewed January 4, 2009

PROS: Awesome if you have a pet (they'll even let you leave your pooch in the room while you go out to dinner, etc.). Great location near excellent restaurants and cute shops. Convenient parking in garage below and great restaurant/bar called Doug Fir on the property. People are cool. Reasonably priced. We stayed here once during a snowstorm on a Sunday, when the city was practically shut down and there was a beautiful hush. It was heaven and we thought we were fans for life... and then we came back on a normal Saturday night.
CONS: Not for people that like to sleep. One of the hotel's few rules is that "all parties must end by 2am." But even if your neighbors are partying elsewhere, any room facing the Doug Fir bar means that you'll need to use the Jupiter's complimentary ear plugs, which are there to muffle out the sound of the downstairs club and the drunkards puking outside your door. The next morning you'll be vengefully slamming the door on your way out, just to wake up the neighbors that were partying next door in their room until 3:30 in the morning and banging on your walls.

• Liked — pet policy
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple