“Great location!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great location!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This a a very nice hotel with a great staff. The room I had was pretty small but clean. However you cannot beat the location, right in the middle of everything! I had to be at the convention center each day but did not mind taking the Max as being in the city was definitely worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a good business hotel, reasonable service, nice rooms, good and clean. The staff are good. I would not stay here if I was on vacation or wanted a luxery hotel. For a business trip it was fine. The location is in central Portland, close to shopping and the light rail.

Hendersoncill, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

You can't beat the location of this hotel. I was here for a conference and everything about my stay was fantastic. Room service was great, housekeeping kept things tidy (only had them once, my choice). The view from my room was amazing.

San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

On a weekend trip to Portland OR I booked the Hilton due to its' location.. Yup, that's about all it got going for it.
To be fair: the room was clean and the linens and beds very nice, but the carpet on the lobby stairs looked a bit tired, and lobby was very noisy and crowded.
To top it off, there's no complimentary continental breakfast OR WiFi.....really? I haven't stayed at a wifi- less hotel room for 10 years!
$200+ per night? Portland, OR? It's not midtown Manhattan!
With their exorbitant parking rates and nickel and diming me over WiFi, get real....I'll stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was on business, and mid-price chain business hotels are where we are sent. So the Hilton Portland fit the bill. This hotel is actually two separate buildings. I was in the older one, but it was fine. Most things were what I would expect in any hotel of this type. But what was truly surprising was the staff. I have never stayed in a hotel where everyone, and I mean everyone (including the housekeeper), was direct, intelligent, polite and thoughtful. None of these memorized phrases ("have a nice day", "Enjoy," 'Is there anything else I can do for you today?"). Rather, the person listened to what you were saying and responded in an intelligent, straightforward manner. It was absolutely refreshing.
This hotel is well located (I left one of the meetings to go over to Nordstrom), just a couple hundred feet from Pioneer Square. Also, this is one city where there is absolutely no need to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel. I did that, but everyone told me to take metro, which we may call light rail, but looked exactly like European trams. So I did going back to the airport. I walked out, turned right, walked about 300 feet. You buy your ticket from a machine (which has very clear directions) with a credit or ATM card. There is an easy-to-understand map (airport is the last stop). It was clean, on time and cheap ($2.50). Lots of regular people were using the metro late on a Saturday afternoon in June.

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is centrally located and has good concierge service. The rooms are nice and clean, however somewhat small for the money. The internet was not complimentary. The quality of Hilton is at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Saratoga Springs, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I'm in the executive tower. I paid over $200 a night for the privilege. I also got to pay $37 for parking each day. You would think with those kinds of circumstances, that my internet would be complimentary (as it is at most other Hiltons)...nope. That's okay, I'll connect via the land line, sure there's no charge for that...nope. That's okay, I'll just use my iPass account on the AT&T wireless service. This is something I PAY FOR and is available...nope, that also has been coopted by the hilton service and so I can't access it. I guess the only 'executive' part of this whole experience is that you get to pay more for the privilege of staying in a normal hotel room where they charge you for everything. Yeah...I don't think I'll be staying here again.

3 Thank Isaac S
Anthony R, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Isaac,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of the wireless internet service at our hotel. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope you will consider staying with us again.