“great stay/great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Eugene, Oregon
“great stay/great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Used my points for a free one night stay for a black crowes show at the Schnitzer.This hotel is close to everything.I stayed here twice before , but it had been years. Check in was fast and efficient. The staff was friendly.Lobby was all decked out for Christmas. Very nice atmosphere. good public spaces. Our room was on the 20th floor and we had a corner so the view was great of the city! Liked the room. Clean and comfortable. The bed was comfy. very quiet. A few bottles of water in the room, which is nice and the quality of the room coffee was good. Real coffee cups and real glasses for water. I hate paper/ plastic ones! Shower had good water pressure. The heater was good as it was very cold outside and we used it. Late night we got room service and they were fast ( 20 minutes) and the pizza was tasty. we had wine at the restaurant and the service was good there. In the morning used the complimetary spa. I didnt have time for a massage but the steamroom and suana were good for lessening my hangover. checkout was fast - the valet had our car to us in 5 minutes from when we called.

Room Tip: wi-fi is free in all public places. No need to pay for the internet if you arent going to NEED it in...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Great downtown location, ideal amenities with excellent steam room, sauna and workout facilities. Good valet service, very helpful concierge along with outstanding lobby area. Rooms need a mini-fridge. Need some rooms with pillow-top mattresses as beds a bit too firm for us even though others like firm beds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was really a very "blah" Hotel experience.

It's noteworthy that the military rate is MORE than the standard rate, which is odd...and they won't tell you that, unless you ask directly if it's the lowest price. When I said "But...isn't that more than the base rate for a room?" The young lady helping me with reservations on the phone replied "Well, yes, but since you asked about military rate, I assumed you wanted that price." I bit my tongue and only said I would take the standard rate rather than replying what I was thinking which was...oh yes, I regularly like to pay extra money for no particular reason while thinking I am getting a discount. So, watch out for that if you are a service member or military family.

That said, the rates were reasonable for a good location downtown but I'm surprised Hilton lends their name to this hotel (we were in the main one, not the tower). While the lobby was beautiful, with a winding staircase and huge, finely decorated Christmas tree, as well as polished floors and fine furnishings, the rooms were very tiny and completely without any touches of decor or comfort. I have had nicer rooms in La Quinta Inns. The bathroom was small, no fan, and you had better not be an above-average sized person because if so, you would face the possibility of getting stuck on the toilet, as it was a small toilet wedged uncomfortably close between the sink and wall. There were two of us in the room and we also had to go on a search for enough outlets to plug in chargers for four devices - some of the outlets were placed such that the plugs would not fit into them just based on their location which was odd and frustrating.

Also - very important - request a room far away from the elevator. We were around the corner and three rooms down the hall from the elevator and could hear the elevator rumbling up and down through the our walls as well as the extremely loud "DING" as it arrived on our floor all night long. At first we thought we were hearing a plane overhead until we realized it was coinciding with the "DING" and put our ears to the wall and realized that we were hearing the actual movement of the elevator. All. Night. Long. Rumble - DING - rumble - DING .

As far as the hotel bar and restaurant - the one in the main hotel was extremely expensive (BISTRO 921 RESTAURANT/BAR). $12 for plain oatmeal, and $16 for a glass of 14 Hands wine ($9.99 for a whole bottle at the local Target). There are lots of fantastic places to eat in Portland though, so we didn't make the mistake of eating at the hotel restaurant twice.

A positive was the very friendly staff. The housekeepers on our floor were friendly, said hello, introduced themselves and told us to let them know if we needed anything. The concierge found us a delicious brunch restaurant and the front desk staff very kindly let us check out late for no additional charge.

Room Tip: Request a room far away from the elevator The military rate is MORE than the standard rate
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julia T
Sunny Isles, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Near the Saturday Market, Near all the shops, dining. Starbucks right across the street. Had a great Pool and jacuzzi and nice gym. Room was small but great view and very clean and nice. I loved this hotel and would definitely stay again and recommend to friends. Then I took the train a block away to the airport. Perfect!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I'm a Corporate Consultant that travels 85% of the year. I can say that this is a really good choice. The staff tries hard to go above and beyond to accommodate your needs and the price point isn't that bad for the immediate area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Reseration Accuracy I was taking a nap and a secrutiy presonel or a Hilton's employee along with a guest entered my room without knocking. The employee asked if the room was taking and it old her there are two entrances to the room but there is only one bedroom both rooms are booked for me (I assumed). The employee said 'sorry' and left with the male guest. I did not get a call from anyone to apolgize for the mistake in double booking the room. Room/Suite cleanliness/housekeeping There are two bathrooms in the suite. At night time I decided to use the bathroom in the bedroom area and noticed the floor was all wet and had a weird smell and the sink had black or brown shavings...it looks like chocholate but I wasn't sure. I called reception and they apoligzed and said they would give me a credit for break the following morning but couldn't send anyone to clean it because housekeeping has gone home for the day. I was fine with that because I had two bathrooms in the suite. However, the certificate was supposed to be slid under my door at night but I did not get it until 7am. I had a busniess meeting at 8am and had to check out early so I couldn't use the credit. Breakfast starts at 6am and I was told that the credit would under the door that night of the 3rd so I was expecting to have breakfast before I checked out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Van L
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

great stay, very comfortable, great city, awesome coffee and beer. Portland Oregon welcomed us like long lost sons, we really enjoyed the vibe of this city, the Hilton as always looked after us well! we will return as soon as we can

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business