“The best hotel employees in the world!”

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
Ranked #37 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Bengaluru, India
“The best hotel employees in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a hotel right in the middle of downtown Portland location. The Regence office - my client was at a walking distance from the hotel. right beside the hotel there is parking tower. The hotel has a good restaurant - I liked their steak very much - medium rare, my first steak that was. But the hotel employees were the finest - and the most friendly. If someone wants to learn customer service from them, I would highly recommend that intent. I purchased an air rifle and according to the hotel rules, kept the same in their custody. While I was checking out, they went to retrieve my air rifle. There was a delay in their release procedure - and my taxi was running the meter. I have most profound respect for the employee that came running across the street to deliver my goods to me - while profusely apologizing all the while for her delay. I thanked her, and thought why don't we have employees like this everywhere, where customer service was topmost priority. I would like to serve my customer, I hope, with the same spirit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank durgasankar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

The room was nice and comfortable, with the exception of the worn desk chair. ( I am not sure that a thrift store would accept that chair!) The bed was comfortable. We loved the location. I easily walked to Powells, Voo Doo Doughnut, and the Art Museum. There are many restaurant choices nearby including Starbucks and fast food. There is convenient shuttle service to the airport for a fee.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rehoboth Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Clean hotel in a great location Great restaurants nearby as well as shopping. Bar is small and pillows are too soft. Definitely will stay again but will make sure better pillows are in the room. Restaurant staff was Awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brookings, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have no problem paying for a nice, well located, downtown hotel; where I do find myself upset is sitting, waiting 15 minutes in the restaurant bar for a glass of wine when there are only three other small tables, paying $16 for an 8oz pour of an unknown name, but sounds nice, glass of Pinot Noir never to be talked to again; having to take my bill to the register directly. Later that night for a nightcap after dinner elsewhere (which was fabulous) for a B&B and be given, at best, a 1 oz pour, for $12 is unexcusable. Had my favorite hotel not have been booked tonight I would not have booked there. I now know I will NEVER STAY here to feel ripped off in the nights stay and their overrated "Hilton" name! Must be paying for Paris's habits. Stay elsewhere downtown where you are treated and feel appreciated and not paying exuberant prices for trying to relax after the drive with a drink. Never again DT Portland Hilton-and I'm and Honirs member.

• Stayed September 2013
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton for two nights in August and found it a lovely hotel with easy walking access to the downtown area, including the museums and waterfront areas. I think we stayed in the Tower because, when we drove up to the main address listed for the hotel, they directed us around the corner to another building.

It's a very nice hotel, our room was spotless, spacious and attractive and the service was very pleasant and professional. We had breakfasts in the restaurant and were quite satisfied with their offerings. We found the wait help attentive and accommodating.

We will certainly stay here again next time we visit Portland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grey_Haired_Lady
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our dragon boat team booked a block of rooms here for the September 2013 races:
What worked:
1. The light rail from the Portland Airport stopped 3 blocks from the hotel. (Get the $5.00 all day pass or if you are over 62: it's $2.50 all day). The rail back to the airport is only 2 blks (make sure you're going the right way...) No traffic hold ups and very comfortable.
2. Many restaurants and other eateries without walking distances. Remember, many restaurants close early on Sundays. Try Nel Centro on SW 6th for a special dinner - sit outside.
3. Food trucks (yummy selections) 2-3 blks from the hotel. Grab your grub and walk across the street to sit in the plaza with the fountains.
4. Clean, comfy rooms. No complaints from anyone on the team since we spent so little time in the rooms.
5. Breakfast a little pricey, but Starbuck is across the street.
What didn't work for us:
1. Too little time to explore beautiful Portland.
2. Didn't get a chance to try Blue Donuts. (VooDoo donuts try: TangoMango, mmmmm)
3. Nike outlet was a little disappointing - would not bother going.
4. Nordstrom Rack was a hot find.

Hope our team will be able to book this hotel for 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for breath taking views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel was located downtown just a few mins walk to the station for the airport and about 15-20 mins walk to Union Station. The lobby was quite impressive but the room was just ok - a little dated but comfortable. We used the gym and we were impressed with the equipment and facilities. We didn't have chance to try the pool but it looked inviting. The concierge was very helpful giving us travel and restaurant info. Wifi was available but at a cost - most other places have free wifi these days, so why can't all hotels! Probably next time we would stay closer to the Pearl District as we spent most of our time there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple