“Somewhat disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, WA
“Somewhat disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Long lines to check in, very small rooms, wifi connection very spotty. The teens I was with could not swim in the pool unless I was with them. I learned later that they could have gone alone to the pool in the Executive Tower across the street, but no one bothered to let them know, so they missed an opportunity to swim. Room 818 has a toilet flushing problem and the shower is little more than a dribble. Room 820 has great plumbing. Beds and pillows in both rooms were extremely comfortable. Be aware that there are very few rooms with microwaves or refrigerators; a problem if you are trying to keep teens happy and fed throughout your visit. Hotel restaurants are extremely expensive; luckily there is a Potbelly sandwich spot a block away as well as a Subway, McDonald's and Qdoba nearby. Location is great for getting around Portland; just be aware that there are numerous homeless, panhandlers and mentally ill roaming around, especially in Pioneer Square. The food carts on Alder were impressive.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the few rooms with a microwave and refrigerator. They are on a first-come, first-serv...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Anthony R, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review about our hotel. I apologize for any inconveniences you and your guests experienced during your stay with us. I have shared you comments with our department managers in an effort to improve our service in the future. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Rooms are little on the small side but in good condition as you would expect from a Hilton. Was here as part of a conference and location to MAX, OMSI etc very convenient. Really love Portland and would stay here again

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and we look forward to your next visit!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have to say that I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews about this hotel. I had purchased a stay at this nice hotel on Priceline. It was a good price so I couldn't complain (well too much) about the establishment. It was in a VERY GOOD LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN! We only stayed for one night but received quality care and sleep while at the Hilton Portland.

Patricia was our front desk attendant. She had excellent customer service when Priceline dropped the ball. I had requested a room with two fulls but we were given a king size bed. We got into the hotel around 10:30 pm. When I told Patricia the situation she fixed it immediately without any hesitations. She moved me from the 6th floor to the 14th floor. She knows what customer service is!

The view on this floor was lovely but the only thing was the noisy ice machine. You won't even think about it once you hit the comfortable beds they have. I was in Sleepyville before I knew it! Check out is at noon and you can have them hold your bags if you would like to walk around and check out the local hot spots.

We were able to go to VooDoo Doughnut before we checked out of the hotel. They have maps of the area at the front desk. Be sure to know that things do close down pretty early. We were starving and had to call in for pizza from Sizzle Pie. They are open until 3 am. I did enjoy my stay. The rooms were a little cramp but I would say I preferred staying at the main building. The corner rooms seem to be a little more spacious. The shower products were great, especially the body lotion.

Don't hesitate to come and stay at the Hilton...it's worth it for the location to great restaurants and attractions. What are you waiting for...BOOK IT NOW!!

Room Tip: Get a corner room it is a little more spacious. Stay in the main building since it has all the ame...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anthony R, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing a detail review with our fellow travelers! I love to read when our team members are able to assist our guests and I have shared your comments with her and the rest of the team. We look forward to your next trip to the Portland area.
Laurel, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Be prepared for a SMALL room! You really have to maneuver to get around well. The restaurant and bar drinks are horribly overpriced, but the food is good and the hotel is convenient to a lot of things. You can hear everything from the street and down the hall, but security is good and hotel staff are very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing a review with us! I am happy to read that you our team was very helpful during your stay. We have a variety of room sizes and I hope you have an opportunity to experience a different style on your next visit.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I found this hotel on priceline and my fiance and I stayed one night. We were impressed, the beds were very comfortable, the room was nice, clean and the staff was friendly.

I've heard valet is expensive but we got lucky enough to find a parking spot on the street. We were able to walk to Jakes for dinner and to one of the breweries. The next morning we jogged along the lake which was refreshing.

I recommend this place!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the recommendation and sharing a review with us! We look forward to welcoming you and you fiancé back soon!
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were only staying one night in Portland, and our goals were value and location. We obtained a decent price on our hotel room through the internet, and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We had a corner room with lots of light and a very good bed. There was no bath however, which did not suit me. I didn't ask to change the room, so i don't know whether they would have accommodated us. Also, i don't like having to pay for internet in our room, and the charge was per laptop, so we had to pay twice. We arrived at 7 pm and left around 9 am and were able to park on the street right by the door. Otherwise we would have had to pay for parking, which would have taken the decent price, $130, and, coupled with the internet fee, have added more than $50 to the price and ended up costing us $180--which would not be a good value in my view.

Room Tip: If you want a bath instead of just a shower, you may need to request it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hilton use to be about having a great stay, and providing great customer service. It seemed like this was the perfect place for a bachelor party when we were hotel shopping, but as soon as they sold the room to us, everything started going wrong. We got a 220 sq. room, when the person actually promised a 428 sq. room. From there everything went wrong. The worse part is when we woke up and went to talk to the manager they didn't care. They treated us like we were off the street or something. But in reality we paid over $320 for our stay, that's not cheap. This was the worst choice I've made, and I really let my friends down for our bachelor party, and have never been treated like this at a 4 star hotel. Please be advised and reconsider going to this hotel, all they want to do is sell you a room, then they forget about you and move on to the next potential customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Anthony R, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I appreciate your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your party. I apologize for the room assignment not meeting your expectations as comfort and safety is my highest priority for our guests. While room type requests cannot be met every time, I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team. I invite you to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Portland area.