I am not a fan of downtown hotels--I prefer staying in places that are quaint, out of the way and less corporate. That said, we had an good stay at this Hilton. We were finishing up a vacation and needed a place close to the airport the night before we left and this suited our needs within our price range. This is not an ideal place to stay with kids but the pool definitely made it a winner. The fitness center looked pretty appealing too. The rooms are small and the beds are small as well. We could also hear the elevators dinging all night. After staying in places where Wifi and other amenities were provided gratis, it was a little irritating to spend so much for an average room and then be charged for all the little extras. It wouldn't keep me from recommending the place but I don't think I would stay there for more than a night or two, at most.
Be aware that there are two buildings that are diagonally across an intersection. We thought we'd pulled into the hotel only to be told at check in that we'd have to walk across to the other building--and there is no sky bridge, so dealing with 2 tired kids, luggage at night in the rain was an adventure. Not a big deal, but just make note that it's a long trip if you forgot something in the car and need to "pop down" to the garage to get it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Portland Downtown has been transformed into a modern newly redesigned hotel, conveniently located in the heart of downtown with spacious guest rooms and executive level amenities. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown’s business district, exclusive tax-free shopping, authentic restaurants and exciting entertainment venues.* HopCity Tavern & Market - our new restaurant concept featuring a modern American gastro-pub cuisine and a grab and go market featuring Stumptown coffee and grab and go snacks and sandwiches * UPS business center - staffed Mon-Fri and a 24-hour computer/internet access connectivity center * Wireless HSIA available in all guestrooms for a fee * Free Wifi in the lobby * Parking garage * Concierge desk * Complimentary 24-hour fitness room with an indoor waveless lap pool * Computer/internet kiosk available in lobby * ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Portland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Portland And Executive Tower
- Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Hotel Portland
- Hilton Portland Executive Hotel
- Portland Hilton