I was initially miffed by my stay because I was not granted the group/conference discount just because I somehow booked outside the allotted dates (I do not know how considering I navigated to the reservation webpage via the conference webpage). I was surprised (not in a good way) by the quality, given that the hotel is a Hilton...
The Wi-Fi was unreliable and expensive for room-access ($12.95/day PER DEVICE!!). Also, the hotel gift shop was absurdly over-priced even by hotel gift shop-standards. I got sick while I was away and needed to purchase medicine ($8 for NyQuil, $13 for Tylenol Cold & Flu) and juice ($4 for Vitamin Water). The hotel bar/cafe was not at all impressive--it looked like the interior of a workplace cafeteria and it closed early.
The service was very good--the front desk reception were attentive and friendly and the concierge was very helpful. The staff also allowed me to check out 90 minutes late without any additional charge. Unfortunately, the people could not entirely compensate for the less than impressive facilities and resources. The location was fairly good as well, but there were several other nearby places to stay so I don't think that should be considered too heavily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Portland Downtown has been transformed into a modern newly redesigned hotel, conveniently located in the heart of downtown with spacious guest rooms and executive level amenities. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown’s business district, exclusive tax-free shopping, authentic restaurants and exciting entertainment venues.* HopCity Tavern & Market - our new restaurant concept featuring a modern American gastro-pub cuisine and a grab and go market featuring Stumptown coffee and grab and go snacks and sandwiches * UPS business center - staffed Mon-Fri and a 24-hour computer/internet access connectivity center * Wireless HSIA available in all guestrooms for a fee * Free Wifi in the lobby * Parking garage * Concierge desk * Complimentary 24-hour fitness room with an indoor waveless lap pool * Computer/internet kiosk available in lobby * ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Portland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Portland And Executive Tower
- Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Hotel Portland
- Hilton Portland Executive Hotel
- Portland Hilton