Tripadvisor
Portland
2,744 results
All reviews cookies the pearl great location wine tasting continental breakfast powell's books whole foods wine reception espresso machine hard boiled eggs within walking distance older hotel two blocks yogurt full kitchen parking garage front desk staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great hotel for my time at a conference hosted at the Hilton. The afternoon wine and tea were a really nice plus, appreciated breakfast onsite, and the other small things the hotel does to make your stay really comfortable. I enjoyed the art in the halls and room, the room was comfortable. The location is excellent - so many good restaurants, cafes and coffee shops around and close to transit. I would definitely stay here again when I return to Portland.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We spent the night at this wonderful hotel in celebration of our adult daughter's birthday. Situated in the Pearl District, it was very close to her favorite haunts: Powell's Bookstore, Ruby Jewel's Ice Cream, 5 Star Donuts, and myriad restaurants offering vegan options. We enjoyed delicious cookies in the lobby upon arrival, as well as complimentary wine and cheese that evening. The entire staff of this hotel are wonderfully amiable and professional, from the baggage clerk at the outside entrance, to the evening wine steward, to the awesome concierge staff. I just wish I had gotten their names so I could properly thank them. They even left our daughter a lovely gift and birthday card in our room. These guys deserve an huge raise! I highly recommend the Mark Spenser Hotel!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

The Mark Spencer has been around for awhile but hadn’t aged. Centrally located to downtown Portland, you can park your car and walk to shops, restaurants, parks and museums.
Our room was wonderful, nicely appointed with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was a nice size and looked fresh.
There is a good continental breakfast each morning, cookies in the afternoon and wine in the evening.
We felt we got a lot for our money and will definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2020

The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I’ve ever slept in. Everyone was very helpful, it was clean, and close to everything, but truly the best part was the sleep I got. Soft sheets, plenty of pillows, room that actually got dark because the curtains are well designed, and the bed was so comfortable!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Great little hotel! Very comfortable room and super soft sheets. Warm choc chip cookies in the afternoon, 4:30 complimentary wine, and a nice continental breakfast in the morning. Very good location downtown. Lots of good restaurants, bars and shopping all around.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple