“Best hotel EVER!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Best hotel EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a random night in Portland and chose the Heathman - lucky us! Personalized service from the moment we drove up, including special attention to our 30th anniversary celebration. What a gem of a hotel! This is our new "go to" spot in Portland.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Melanie W,
I am so pleased to know you had a special 30th Anniversary celebration and we could be a part of that. Helping our guests with their special occasions is the best part of our job. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and posting such a kind review. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Warm regards,
Linda Reagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 8 month old son for my wife's birthday. As a present, the baby and I stayed in the hotel while my wife went out to dinner with her friend. I like the coffee in the French Press though it can get a bit messy if you have more than one french press. I also got a burger and 6 pack of beer via room service. The fries were good but the burger left a bit to be desired. The location was great, but the prices were reflective of a more prestigious city. The price was very comparable to other hotels in the area though. It was good, not amazing. It didn't live up to the price tag in my opinion, but my guess is that the other places in the area don't either. Just really shocked at the prices of hotels in Portland. Also, found some old fruit, grapes, when I moved a chair around for the baby's crib. Not a big deal but I don't like paying near 200 bucks for a moldy grape in my room. The furniture should be moved when cleaning between guests. Again, not a huge deal but I would be reprimanded or possibly even fired from my old job working in a state institution if I failed to clean appropriately in a client's room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TravelingSmythes,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. I can assure you your experience was not typical of a stay at the Heathman. Please feel free to contact me or our Director of Housekeeping at jwilliams@heathmanhotel.com to discuss this matter further.

lreagan@heathmanhotel.com
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Had a great experience. Your staff was extremely friendly and helpful, as was the physical quality of the hotel. Looking forward to bringing my wife to Portland for a vacation, and will certainly stay at your hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear RBKDPM,

I am so happy to hear you had such a great stay and will be bringing your wife next time. I can assure you will have a memorable stay and vacation. Thank you for submitting such kind comments. We will see you soon.

Canby, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice place to stay. Comfortable and quite. I would recommend this easily! This is within fairly easy walking distance to the waterfront and the rest of the downtown core. We did not eat here... but it did look comfortable. I will say that the window, while you could open it was not cleaned from dust and so forth. I left it closed but found the heating/cooling system able to suit us just fine.

Easy check in and they let us arrive 3 hours early without challenge. This was a great benefit for our day!

Dear Brett K,

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. I am thrilled to know you were comfortable during your stay and will recommend us. I am sorry you did not get a chance to eat our restaurant; it is one of the best in the city. Hopefully on your next stay you will be able to try a few items off our menu, it changes daily to offer a wide variety of great choices during your stay. I apologize that there was an oversight when your room was cleaned. I will pass on your comments to the Director of Housekeeping and we will get that issue taken care of right away. Thank you again for passing on your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Fantastic location right in the heart of Portland. Walking distance from almost anything you could want. The service was excellent, we had a car and every time we needed to use it the staff asked if we needed directions which was a very smart touch as my husband does not like to ask for directions. Valet, doorman and bell staff ( all the staff really) made our first visit to the area so enjoyable. I had not received our copy of the bill and when I called back within minutes I got a e-mail, not only was the representative polite but she found an error and took care of it right away. RIGHT AWAY...unheard of. Recommend to all and will absolutely be back. Thank You for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear CarolHB,

It is wonderful to hear what a great experience you had at our hotel and in our city. Thank you for the great comments. I am glad the staff could help you out with directions during your stay. I am sorry to hear there was an error on your bill, but happy that it was taken care of in an efficient manner. We hope you have the opportunity to visit Portland again in the near future. We would love to have a chance to pamper you during your stay.

Warm regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great location in the heart of Portland, just steps away from the museum and attractions. The river is an easy 10 min walk and summer activities can be indulged. Good restaurants and the Pearl district are also a short walk away. The only shortcoming is the lack of on site parking, however, the bell staff is quick to get your car in and out. (Parking is expensive)

Room Tip: Higher floor, face away from the street
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear RogerADallas,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in our great city. Next time you stay with us you can talk to the concierge about other parking options in the area. Most of those options do have limited access to your vehicle though. The great benefit about our parking service is there is 24 hour unlimited access to your vehicle. And we have a very efficient valet staff. The concierge will be happy to go over all of your options though. We look forward to seeing on your next trip to Portland.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The rooms are small but nice. The staff is wonderful and the breakfast in the restaurant was very good and a good value. We stayed 10 years ago and were not disappointed with our return. We wish that we had eaten dinner at the restaurant as it would have been much better than where we ate.

Dear Vailskier17,

It is so great that you remember your stay with us from 10 years ago. We want every guest to leave here with great memories that make them want to come back. You noted that you felt that your room was a bit small, I wanted to let you know that we have many different room types available of all shapes and sizes. Next time you are planning your stay with us, call the hotel and inquirer about our room selection. I am sure we can find something that will be just perfect. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments.

Best regards,