The Heathman Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$199
$193
2,308 results
All reviewsfrench presssymphony suitehistoric hotelturn down serviceroom servicevalet parkingrooms are smallmini barwonderful hotelheart of downtownthe location is perfectstreet noisecorner roompioneer squarevisit portlandthe pearlfew blocks
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I would rate myself a very experienced 5 star traveler.Unfortunately the room left a lot to be desired. We were on the 4th floor and directly across from the maids cleaning closet. Very noisy to say the least!
The bathroom was so dimly lit I might as well have been blind while trying to apply makeup. The ventilation in the room was horrible. We felt like it was 100 degrees and as much as we tried and tried we could not get the air to work.
Here are the good things. The concierge is fabulous! Ask for Jessica. She will dazzle you. The breakfast on Sunday is scrumptious. Have the crab eggs Benedict and some of their home made banana bread.

I give the room at 3 star and the service a 5 star.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fanny O
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Fanny O,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. I appreciate the feedback and I am sorry that your experience was not rated a 5 star experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the staff so much and Jessica in particular. The restaurant is fabulous and great choice on the crab eggs benedict, I am glad you enjoyed your meal. Please feel free to call me about the issues you experienced during your stay. I would love a chance to discuss these matters with you further.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently went to Portland Oregon on a business trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the Heathman. As you walk into the Hotel you automatically know you are entering a GRAND DAME Hotel , it exudes history yet wtih a contemporary flair. Off the check in area , is a beautiful bar that I enjoyed not only for the scothes but great afternoon tea service. As I went up to my room the ART COLLECTION was amaxizing. I must have seen three Warhol's a true art fans dream. I was booked in a one of the suites. If you normally stay at a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton this room would not dissapoint you. It was 905. One Bedroom with a deep soaking tub marble bathroom and walk in shower enought for two people ,loved the dual showerhead. The living and dining room area,is where I spent most of my time. I forgot I was on a business trip as I drank my Oregon wine and checked emails next to the fireplace. L/Occtaine bathroom amenities were a special touch , as well as the plush robes. I can go on , and on about the room but what makes this hotel is the STAFF. It was sincere and efficient. I travel quite a bit for my job and I must say this is going on my top favorites in the US.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Peter G

Dear Peter G,
I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed the hotel so much during you recent visit. It is great to know you had a chance to relax and take a rest from work. Thank you for the kind comments. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Portland.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had a marathon week of meetings in Portland last week, complete with 16 hour days and many presentations. The rooms are beautifully appointed, with clean, updated and classic decor. Each night, I was greeted with the comfort and elegance of this unique property, and the extra-special treatment from a fantasic staff. Every employee, from the bellman to the front desk to our waiter in the lounge, provided service with genuine care.

I also didnt have to leave the hotel to experience creative cuisine. I ate in the lounge, the hotel restaurant, and the bar. The mushroom risotto was out of this world, and the happy hour pricing in the lounge made it more than affordable to experience a value at happy hour.

The Heathman is in the heart of downtown business district and several theatres. This is the perfect hotel for both business and a special weekend of leisure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MaryG907786
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear MaryG907786,

It sounds like you had a crazy week. I am so glad we could provide some rest and relaxation for you when you returned each day. I am a huge fan of the mushroom risotto as well, I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food so much. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully on your next trip you can come and enjoy all the Heathman and Portland has to offer and not have to work. We can assist you with many activities to keep you entertained while on vacation. See you soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was in Portland for business and had a fantastic experience staying at The Heathman. The staff were helpful and nice. The bed was very comfortable, and the rooms/hotel was extremely clean. It's located in a great spot. I will definitely make sure to stay here on future trips to Portland.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Brett H
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Brett H,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My elderly mother and I stayed here for two nights just before Christmas. We booked a corner room so we could enjoy the Christmas lights on Broadway. The room was gorgeous-and I wish reviewers would quit complaining about the size of the rooms. This is an inner city hotel and an historic one at that. If you want large rooms go to one of the more cookie-cutter chains. The Heathman is charming and oh so comfortable. The corner room was well furnished, and well organised. The staff are available to help you with anything. From changing to the duvet to an non-down comforter, opening a bottle of wine, and finding extra coffee (which was delicious). Though everyone raves about the food, I think there are better restaurants in Portland (like the Urban Cafe), but our room service meal was perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

Room Tip: Unless you are from a rural farm, ignored the reviewers who complain about the noise. We were on the fourth floor, facing Broadway, and were not bothered in the least by any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LindaKayJ

Dear LindaKayJ,

It is so great to hear you had such a lovely stay and we could share in your holiday experience. Thank you for the great comments about your room and amenities. And thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Maybe you can make your trip to the Heathman during the holiday season a tradition.

Kind regards,