“Just perfect!”

The Heathman Hotel
Ranked #26 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in Portland (Kirkland too). The staff is very helpful and the rooms are perfect. The art work throughout the hotel is lovely and the location is right in the center of town. I will be back!

Room Tip: From room 911 you can see a beautiful mural. The suites on the 7th floor were lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Robin W,
I am so happy to learn you had such a lovely stay at our hotel and that you had a chance to visit our location in Kirkland as well. We look forward to seeing on your next visit to Portland. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.
Kind regards,
Linda Reagan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,251)

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at The Heathman just to get away for an evening . Everyone was friendly and efficient. We got personal service when we checked in although a large group was checking in at the same time. The atmosphere was relaxing, and the Christmas decorations added to the ambiance. I enjoyed viewing the art work throughout the hotel and the glass work was amazing.My wife is a true bookworm and she spent a considerable amount of time in the library.The bed was so comfortable, that although we had to be somewhere in the morning, we didn't want to get out of bed! Our room was clean and I personally liked the extra sink so we could both use the bathroom at the same time.We look forward to another night away and recommended The Heathman to out of town guests who are coming for a Holiday Show.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Ronald C,

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how relaxed you felt. I am thrilled you had a chance to visit our library during your visit. We are so proud to be able to offer viewings of this special collection. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to share your comments. Please feel free to contact me when you are ready for your next get away. I would be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2012

From the friendly, welcoming staff, to the gracious lobby and large, well-appointed and updated room, our experience at The Heathman in Portland was fabulous. I love the historical and classic aspects of this hotel but appreciate the modern updates and conveniences in our light-filled room (our bathrooms -- yes, we had two -- were wonderful!) Enjoyed in-room, freshly ground french-pressed coffee each morning, and our car was always promptly brought around. The location is wonderful -- close to performing arts centers, coffee shops, tons of restaurants and shopping galore. We enjoyed a cozy drink and live music in the hotel bar, which had been tastefully decorated for the holidays. Definitely recommend, and we'll definitely be returning. Bravo!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tracy S,

Thank you for the great review. It sounds like you stayed in one of our lovely Renaissance suites. That is one of my favorite suites in the hotel. We have 4 newly renovated signature suites in the hotel as well. Each of these suites has a different theme and is spectacular. Hopefully you can try one of those on your next stay. You will not be disappointed. We look forward to having you as our guest soon. Thank you again for taking the time to submit a review.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Heathman has become where we stay in downtown Portland over the past three trips. The staff anticipate the guest's needs and are uniformly friendly and responsive. The rooms are wonderfully appointed, conveying an understated yet distinctive and artistic luxury. The food is excellent and the restaurant, bar, and lobby reflect consistent attention to creating elegant and personal guest experiences. The jazz in the lobby is great and the hotel nourishes its historical and artistic heritage, and its location near museums and the symphony hall, in its decor and sensibility.

Room Tip: The symphony suites are wonderfully harmonic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Bob L,

Thank you for the glowing review. The staff does put every effort into anticipating our guests needs prior to arrival. I am happy to know you felt well taken care of and enjoyed the history of our building and surrounding neighborhood. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was down in Portland for a girl's getaway and we had decided to stay at the Healthman based on other friends' recommendations and we were not disappointed!

After looking at pictures of the hotel on the website and Trip Advisor it looked a little dated, but the pictures do not do it justice. The property is beautiful and the staff perfectly attentive.

We had drinks and some snacks in their lounge as well which is beautifully decorated and had a relaxing ambiance.

The location itself is really amazing, just a short few blocks from lots of shopping and great food! Just ask the staff at the desk, they are so incredibly friendly and happy to make recommendations from where to get a good cup of joe, to where to go for excellent happy hour drinks.

Portland also as a city, is so incredibly friendly and relaxed. Loved my stay and will definately return!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear D N,

I am so happy to hear you had such a lovely girl’s getaway. It is great to know that the staff treated you so well and helped you plan your special weekend. I will pass these great comments on to the team. The Heathman would love to host your next girl’s getaway. Hopefully you can make it an annual tradition. We have some fun packages listed on our website also. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

By far one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. This was my first visit to Portland (business) and I wanted to stay at the best, so I chose The Heathman. I was not disappointed! The staff is so friendly and service oriented. From the front desk to the bellman to the housekeeping staff. All so friendly! The rooms are beautiful and clean. The lounge is heavenly---so cozy and decorated so beautifully for Christmas. The servers in the lounge were very knowledgeable about the wine selections. The food was great! I didn't want to leave. Highly recommended The Heathman to Portland travelers.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vicki F

Dear Vicki F,

I am so honored that we had a part in making your first trip to Portland such a great one. Our hotel is so beautifully decorated this time of year for the holidays. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere and were able to relax even though you were here on business. I hope you can return and enjoy a leisure weekend sometime soon. Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Great service, wonderful rooms, excellent food and a all around great stay!!! This will be where we stay when we go back! The concierge was so helpful finding us place to eat & go that weren't on the beaten path!!!

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear gena_veen,

It is wonderful to hear you had such a positive experience while you stayed with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We hope to see you very soon for another great weekend in Portland.