“Decent”

Ranked #58 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Bend, Oregon
“Decent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and this hotel was pretty much just what I was looking for. I needed a very inexpensive but decent place to sleep. I wasn't flying but this location is quite accessible to the airport and isn't insanely far from downtown, though it is a good 15-30 minutes depending on traffic to the core. While the facility is nothing fancy, and you could definitely smell smoke in the hallways, my room (105) was clean and free of smell. The carpet was a tad dingy but the overall presentation was clean and reasonably updated. My room did have a microwave and fridge. Didn't try the TV but there was one. The room and location were reasonably quiet overall. You are near the airport so can hear the occasional plane, but it's more background noise than thundering overhead. You can of course hear your neighbors so noise there depends on how considerate they are. I was woken up early this morning by someone's alarm that continued to go off for at least 30-45 minutes. This was not cool, but obviously your experience will vary. There was breakfast provided, but I didn't partake, or even see what options they provided. The front desk was courteous and I feel would have been accommodating if I'd needed anything.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Salisbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I was looking for a place near the airport that was relatively inexpensive, had a shuttle and breakfast. I found that at the Airport Super 8. It was everything I wanted. Clean room, friendly staff, hot breakfast and convenient airport shuttle. I would say the only downside was there wasn't much around the hotel to walk to in terms of food options and I was hoping for conditioner and lotion in the bathroom, not just shampoo and bar soap. It was also a little noisy, as I could hear other guests throughout the night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

CHICAGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Nice staff,great bed,good bath,hot water,timely shuttle,
noisy heater, still great at price level.
Stayed three times for four days in December.
You can save the cost of a car rental day by returning your car and staying here the night before you fly.

Room Tip: Walk to restaurant or car rental.accessible room nice but next to lobby noise. Turn heater off to s...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Federal Way
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was in Portland for a quick overnight stay and just needed a place to lay my head. I was very pleased with the cleanliness and efficiency of the room I was given and everything was in great working order. I want to especially say a big "THANK YOU" to Sam at the front desk for how he helped me cancel my reservation when I thought I didn't need it but then was very helpful getting me a room when I actually did need to stay. Sam was very friendly and courteous and made me smile and relax.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business