“short stay”

Ranked #58 of 139 Hotels in Portland
HARRISBURG
“short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

friendly employees and very prompt shuttle. The rooms were clean and spacious. I will stay again , I recomend this motel to anyone .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Got stuck in Portland around 11 pm and called all the listed hotels on the PDX directory table, but all were sold out (I think this one was, too). Somehow got this through a last minute Hotwire try-- go figure. $72.00 The shuttle came w/i 15 minutes of my phone call after Hotwire confirmed my booking. The very small greeting area smelled like smoke, but the clerk was nice. Got my room on the 2nd floor. The walls are thin and was glad when the neighbor finally turned off the TV. Bed was okay, bathroom had the ice bucket and plastic-wrapped cups and wall-mounted hair dryer. You can hear the road traffic, but the air-conditioner helped drown it out a little. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. Coffee pot was on a shelf near the window. Alarm clock was a little confusing to set up, so be sure to have a secondary alarm of some kind. TV is the old bulky kind. I got up at 3:45 am, so had plenty of hot shower water. I overheard the clerk say over the phone at checkout that breakfast started at 5am. Shuttles run on the half hour starting at 4am, I believe.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Oysterville, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I've stayed here before and enjoyed. Nice basic property next to I-205 as I was driving. Secure area for parking. Friendly efficient front desk compared to my first stay there when my loyalty rewards were botched.

Many others stay here for the airport shuttle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ByTheCisG8
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

And pet friendly too, great price, comfortable and friendly service

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard M
Springfield, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We was surprised buy the size of the room, it was huge! It had a queen size bed and a pullout bed, most are not comfortable, but this one was. The three of us slept wonderfully before out flight out. The shuttle driver was super helpful. He put in our luggage in the back of the shuttle, offered us a step stool both ways. The breakfast could be better.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank whaleofatail
New Auburn, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I got the shuttle from the airport unplanned stay, due to weather on the coast. I had sprained my knee on the plane in Minneapolis. When the shuttle came to pick me up I felt like I had incovienced him. No step stool into the van, had to open the door myself. Got to the motel, no step stool again. My room was on the third floor and no elevator, no help with my luggage. No offer to help with my luggage. I had to make two trips to the lobby for all my luggage. When asked for a room closer to the main floor, the girl said non available. I wanted a soda, it was on the second floor. The breakfast was in the basement, what it was. I am a mid westerner and that was not a breakfast by any means. When I turned the lamp on in the room there was a wad of gum on the lamp, how disgusting. The only time I seen staff was when I was asked if I was checking out and at the front desk. They tried charging me for a safe I had no intention of using. When I wrote to the main office, I was directed to the manager of the motel, all she wanted to know was what happened. I asked her what she was going to do for me, and the problems i had she sent me a 25 % discount on my next stay. I WON:T BE BACK EVER, and no one I know will go there either. I am still having problems with my knee and I am sure all the trips up and down the stairs didn't help. The room I had looks nothing like what I had. The manager said she was going to get back to me and that was three months ago and I haven't heard a word. Their handicap entrance for the handicap room is outside and around the building I guess, there were no signs acknowledging that. Yes, hanicap rooms in the basement. This all happened back in March of 2012. I am sure things haven't changed any. The rooms are dingy. There was no coffee in the lobby or in the basement after 9 a.m. Yes, that is when breakfast ended. I was on vacation who gets up at the crack of dawn on vacation just to have slop for breakfast.

Room Tip: There was no pool or restaurant in this place nor could I see one close by, within short walking dis...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Pam S
Maria G, General Manager at Super 8 Portland Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I do apologize for the experience you had at our property. I have had contact with you by phone, letter, and email. We did discuss a credit back to your account and this was completed. I am truly sorry we did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback. This helps us to ensure we will work harder to provide the excellent customer service our guests deserve. We would like the opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Booked this for the night before the flight. Got an end room with a single queen bed. Clean, and had coffee in the room.
Make sure you take off the safe fee at check out.
Shuttle to airport was on time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple