“single queen room”

Ranked #63 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Wisconsin
“single queen room”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Booked this for the night before the flight. Got an end room with a single queen bed. Clean, and had coffee in the room.
Make sure you take off the safe fee at check out.
Shuttle to airport was on time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have used this Motel's Park n Fly feature a number of times. This trip we were just passing thru on a driving trip. The beds are comfortable, room is dark & quiet for restful sleep. We just
wished they had a refrig in the room. They have a nice breakfast bar in the morning to get us started on our drive home. The staff is friendly & attentive. Always greeted us when we passed by.

Room Tip: Secure lot for Park n Fly.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bionicgrandma
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

It has gone downhill in recent years. If you have Super 8 experience it rates about average. The first room given me with my reservation smelled bad like a pet peed on the mattress. Couldn't stay in it after peeling back the bedspread. The hotel clerk wanted an additional $5 to change rooms to one that didn't stink. Sorry but I won't pay extra for what should have been done right the first time. The replacement room without surcharge after much persuasion was adequate.

• Stayed June 2012
Kathy F, General Manager at Super 8 Portland Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I am sorry to hear of your experience at our location. We do pride ourselves in the quality and cleanliness of our property. We are continuously working on improving our services. I have made sure the items listed have been addressed with our staff, and used as retraining with both Housekeeping and Front Desk Departments to assure this does not happen again at our property. We are committed to ensuring excellent customer service and we would like to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and hope to welcome you back soon.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I wanted a room close to the airport with a shuttle. I got a room which was a little grim, and somewhat basic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was dark and dated. The hair dryer didn't work and when you are getting up early to catch an early flight, that is not a good discovery to make.

The room was inexpensive. The bed was comfortable, but I would recommend it only if you are going to get into the room, fall asleep and get up and leave. The shuttle service is great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Battle Ground, Washington
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here for about 6 hours on 5/14 with 3 kids and mother-in-law, as we had to be at the airport by 4am. Nothing fancy. The lobby smelled like residual smoke, though the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Room was average, clean, beds not the most comfortable but they were okay. The shuttle service was fabulous...we left on time (at 3:30am), and the driver was friendly, helpful, and patient (with 3 tired kids who moved a little slow). Convenient place to stay, would probably stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seal Rock, OR
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We've been staying at this hotel for 10 years or more. The park & fly packages are great. The remodel on the hotel is also great considering the age of the hotel. We like it because we can bring our two cats. Most places won't allow them.

I'm picking on two items here: 1. the remodeled tubs. I hate the way all the tubs in older hotels have been done. They have seams that go around the middle which causes mold to grow. Having 2 muscle diseases I have to soak (love the size of these tubs by the way!) and when I see mold growing under all the seams it drives me nuts! We own a rental condo in Hawaii. Never would my cleaner allow this but to be fair she gets a lot more cleaning time than hotel cleaners. 2. My biggest pet peeve are the heaters/a.c. units. They're the old ones that are affixed to the walls and they're very noisy. We got our room heated up but turned the heat off because of the noise factor. Woke up at 1 a.m. freezing. Even the cats were cold! I didn't turn it back on because I was afraid of waking my husband. Around 4 a.m. I put on my housecoat and additional socks. I was so relieved when hubby woke up at 5 asking if the heat could be turned on.

Otherwise, for the price, the convenience, the shuttle, and because of the cat issue etc., this place is great. But oh those heaters!

Room Tip: We always try to get the end unit facing toward the west. If you don't have a lot of luggage, t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Waldport, Oregon
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Safest place to leave your car parked. Not the fanciest but the shuttle service and safe parking make it my "go to" motel for park and fly in the area

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business