“Favorite airport hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Favorite airport hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is one of the better airport hotels. The staff is wonderful - love you Judy and Roger. The club lounge is spacious and offers a nice continental breakfast as well as a nice selection for the evening cocktail hour. The location is great for attractions up the Columbia River as well as a train system that will take you right into downtown if you don't want the hassle of driving and then finding a place to park. Beds are comfortable, large counters in the bathrooms and overall a good choice for the Portland airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Greetings Lynne E,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Sheraton Portland Airport! In addition thank you for naming some of our terrific associates! We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Are great location to stay. We flew in and stayed three nights. We could easily travel downtown on the MAX light rail which has a station at the airport.

The shuttle bus came to pick us up quickly and it was only a few minute ride to the hotel.

The wife and I are runners so we were very happy to find that there is a running path along the Columbia River which is a short distance from the hotel.

The staff was friendly and professional.

We did not have a meal at the hotel so I can not comment on the food.

• Stayed August 2013
Greetings Zentaro,

Thank you for your recent stay with us! I am happy you were able to enjoy the Columbia River running path! The mountains, boats, and river make for an excellent backdrop for a run. We hope to welcome you back soon.

michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

An okay airport hotel. I got this on Priceline because I needed a place to stay in Portland and I did not want to spend $240 for a downtown hotel as I was going to Mt. Hood the next day.

Free wi-fi, no free breakfast.

The hotel is a bit run-down but it appears as if they are trying to upgrade. The bed, pillow, linens, and furnishings in the room were very, very nice. On the other hand, the carpet, walls, and shower tile were all really worn and borderline-gross. There was a huge working desk in the room, but the desk chair was seriously worn. If I were there for another night I would have asked them to exchange the chair...it was worn and gross.

The hotel is right next to the runway. You can hear the planes taking off…so if noise matters to you stay elsewhere. It's not O'Hare so there aren't that many planes. The flights will stop at night and I only noticed a couple in the morning, so it may be okay.

Paid $100 on Priceline by mistake! Given that it was Priceline (and I didn’t have a choice of type of room, etc) it was worth about $85. Expedia rate was $233, which is ridiculous for this quality hotel. Priceline claimed that I saved over 50%. I'd stay there again if I needed to be at the airport really early and didn't need/want to be downtown, but I'd bid a lot harder!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Greetings mmjb43,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Sheraton Portland. I am appreciative that you have noticed our continual efforts to improve our building and the guest experience. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival greeted by the smiling Judy and Mary at reception. A delight since I know they will arrange for our stay to be as close to perfection as possible. Fruit cheese plate arrived at our room, arranged by Judy with a hand written note from the general manager, Mike Dailey. Impressive! Morning in the club lounge, Danielle (Danni) where youth has certainly learned how to treat a guest, from her arranging the food presentation, putting the dirty dishes out of sight, making sure the food dishes are filled, ie. the fruit, most of all her warmth. Not one to have the television loud, nor her voice...a great representation of the Sheraton /Starwood properties. She should work Monday thru Friday! Rocky, the greatest bartender, ever! Roger and Brandon....transport, so glad they are there. Had a serious medical, so glad that Judy, Roger and Brandon were there to assist us. Yes the Sheraton and staff went above beyond.... No just the normal service. Plus the salmon salad in the dining room...yummy Feel spoiled, no we were spoiled!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Right at the airport so perfect for early morning flights. Shuttle service every 15 mins. Right at the airport so noisy. Restaurant staff very nice! Worked from room and had great wifi. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Greetings ProvidenceGuys,

Glad you enjoyed your stay, even if it was so quick! Come back and see us soon.

Santa Maria, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I came to Portland for a family vacation. Our flight came in late and we decided to stay near the airport for one night before venturing out to Portland. My sister's bags came in hours after she landed and they were finally delivered to the hotel at 2 am. The staff was so accommodating to us! They brought her bags up immediately when they were delivered to the hotel, they brought her a robe to wear while waiting for the bags.
The room was very comfortable and clean. Each bed had 4 very comfortable pillows and the noise level from the airport was minimal.
The airport shuttle to the hotel runs about every 15 minutes and there is a light rail at the airport to take you downtown. We visited the Saturday street market and the rail stop is right next to the market.
All of the staff we encountered went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It was the staff that really made this experience excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Greetings JanineCa,

Thank you for joining us at Sheraton Portland Airport! We are glad to hear you had a chance to experience Portland! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Come back soon!

Warm Regards,

Stu
Fishers
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I bid on this hotel through priceline, and I got it for a good rate. I just couldn't swallow the outrageous downtown Portland hotel rates. Though, on my next trip I will stay in Loyd Center Station. The Sheraton has a nice gym. However, the rooms are a bit tired and outdated. The blackout curtains are amazing, which is important to me. The hotel is way outside of the city, but if you are cheap (like me). You can take a shuttle to the lightrail (less than 5 minutes away) down to city center. It's not a bad deal given the cheapest rate I could get downtown was $236 per night. Therefore, I saved about $300 for the two nights I stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo