“Conference Review”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, Oregon
“Conference Review”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Sheraton event staff was fantastic, we had several last minute moving pieces, the staff worked during their off time to coordinate with other vendors we were bring to the hotel, found addtional space for us when we needed it. The service truly felt like our event was the only one the hotel was supporting. Our Convention Services Manager, Tracie Nounou and Banquet Manager Ozzy Strickland, were flat out ROCKSTARS!!!! I will definitly be looking to bring business back here again.

Room Tip: Double queens have more room than a single king.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Greetings Joe B,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your event. We are very proud of our conference team, and appreciate you recognizing them! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best,

Stuart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Let me start by saying that the bacon is off the hook! Seriously though, the accomodations here are fantastic... the conference rooms and the hotel rooms are plush and generous but the staff is what makes this hotel stand out... I stay in many hotels for work and this hotel has more smiles than any of them. When I am away from home it is nice to be welcomed with a smile at breakfast and everytime I have a question or need to ask for something... top notch...

Room Tip: get a two bed room... the single beds have less room.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was great. All staff that I encountered was extremely friendly. My favorite by far was Veronica Banda, restaurant server. She was friendly, helpful, and fun. Veronica made my dining experience unforgettable!

• Stayed April 2013
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The Sheraton banquet staff always does an outstanding job with conferences. I truly appreciated the staff's excellent customer service. The meeting rooms were set correctly, the staff was highly accessible, and a pleasure to work with. And of course, Ossiy is one of the best banquet captains I have ever worked with in the 24 years I have been in this industry. Thank you.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had been in Portland on business and it had been a rough an stressful week. The front desk girl was very nice and fast. The hotel was busy but everything was running like a well oiled machine. Everyone was fast an efficient. After check in I headed down to the bar to have dinner by myself and as I rounded the corner I could hear laughter and people having a great time. I assumed it was a party. I sat down at the bar and it was Rocky the bartender doing magic tricks. I got dinner, drinks and a show. This guy has a photographic memory I swear an for a big guy he can really move. Rocky showed a true passion for his trade.I was so impressed with his ability to bring people together and make everyone feel welcome. I had stayed at the Sheraton last August and I was not impressed. The only reason I came back was due to the location and close proximity to the airport.

The morning room service was also great. The food was really good and arrived very quickly. The bellman was really friendly and helpful. The Sheraton has A LOT of good people working there. But don't miss the Columbia bar and grill. INCREDIBLE service and great food!

• Stayed March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Beware unless you are catching an early morning flight, this isn't a great hotel. It could be, but they are not keeping up with this aging hotel. I

Pros - a stones throw from the airport, literally
Cons - rooms are dated, showers nasty, carpets stained. My room was on a club floor, however the club was closed. The window of my room faced the runway, so when planes took off, it was really loud. There is a window that should have been closed, however one of the brackets was broken so the seal wasn't good, making it really louder than it needs to be.

Bottom line - if you want a well kept hotel, this ain't it, if you want to be 5 minutes to the gate/security, ok. But still much more expensive than it needs to be. I would stay at Hyatt, or aloft first - much better deal, and much better rooms/price.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't face the runways
1 Thank marco1234_2011
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Greetings marco1234_2011,

Thank you for joining us. I apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback so that we may continually refine our the hotel and our services. We hope you do give us another chance so we can show you an entirely different experience.

Best,

Stuart
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Over the Christmas/New Years holiday, I had the pleasure of staying at the Sheraton PDX Hotel. The proximity to the airport was ideal and I found the hotel to be pleasantly well maintained and extremely clean. While on my stay, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Rocky- Sheraton Bartender/MGR. His outgoing personality and charisma made me feel right at home. My friends and I are not big drinkers, but we found ourselves staying for a few extra drinks just to hear a few more jokes from Rocky. I encourage everyone to give the Sheraton PDX a chance- they will blow your socks off. Oh and make sure to grab a night-cap too!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends