“A great hotel close to the airport”

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oregon
“A great hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were very impressed by our overall experience. The staff were great. The room was pretty good. Airport noise was minimal. The layout of the building is a bit problematic, in that meeting rooms are located near the front lobby, which means that guests have to walk rather far to get to elevators or their rooms. Also, the dining area is open to the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and to provide this valuable feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel. Thank you for your comments regarding the helpful and friendly staff, guestroom size and comfort and the quiet night’s sleep you received. We appreciate your insights regarding the layout of the hotel and will look into ways in which we could improve signage and accessibility. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Catering and Event staff is over the top accommodating!! Our 4 day event for 380 was a huge success in large part to the Sheraton staff. Our participants and speakers come from all over the country and say the crew here is the best. They handle every special request with a smile and prompt service. Thank you so much for another successful year!

Room Tip: Be sure to upgrade to the Club Level, rooms and lounge worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SheratonPDXStu, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Greetings S F,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay and our team of associates! It was our absolute pleasure to have you join us again. We hope to welcome you back again next year.

Warm Regards,

Stuart Ticknor
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is the nicest hotel located adjacent to Portland International Airport. I have stayed here on several occasions, attended several conferences here, and had Mother's Day Brunch here too! The lobby is very nicely appointed. Rooms are spacious and well decorated. Bed and bedding are wonderful and very comfortable. Pool and hot tub are very nice. The only -- repeated -- problem I have at this hotel is getting service in the bar. I have left once and begged for service on another occasion. Not typical for this type of hotel. The front desk staff is relatively cold and barely helpful. The facilities make this a great hotel for PDX, though. Quick shuttle service to & from PDX. Overall, the nicest hotel to stay when at PDX.

Room Tip: Stay on high floors -- AWAY from the runway!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very appreciative of your recommendation of our hotel and your loyalty. Thank you for your comments regarding the spacious guestrooms, comfortable beds and bedding and the other amenities offered at the Sheraton Portland Airport. I have forwarded your insights regarding service in the bar and at the front desk, and will look into this immediately. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back whether it be for a stay or special occasion in our restaurant.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was there for an award banquet and they were serving appetizers before hand. One of the servers was Faye Washington. Wonderful lady, sweet, hospitable and fun. My company also had their Christmas party there and it was great. Would use this hotel again no questions asked. Every hotel should have a Faye Washington!

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My flight was canceled and that obligated me to stay near the airport overnight. I do have a Starwood number, so it made sense to call the Sheraton from the phone-bank in the PDX baggage claim area, and a van came to the courtesy island within 20 minutes. At the desk, 'Eric' looked up my name and found my associated membership number. That entitled me to a "Club Room" with all the bells and whistles -- even though I had no reservation.

I asked if there was an ATM machine, and one of the other staff members escorted me to a small min-casino -- a room with an ATM and several casino-type electronic slot machines. I could have happily spent the whole night there, but I headed up to my assigned room to take a shower and get some sleep. I set my travel alarm to prevent oversleeping, raised the room temperature, plugged in my phone charger, and crashed on top of the bedding. I was up early to return to the airport and catch an early flight. But I noticed the electronic business desk (lamp, outlets, Ethernet socket) had gone dead overnight. I reported it to the first-floor desk for maintenance to take a look at since the same people were on duty from the night before.

I have to agree with the reviewer who called this the quietest airport hotel he had ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for a "Club Room." One may be available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Smith River, California
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Sherry, Rocio, and Ozzie Strkkland went above and beyond setting up and providing the conference service, responding to our every request, until we were HAPPY with the results! Especially Ozzie, who went all out getting the audio visual working as it should.
Judy at the front desk very graciously checked me in early with a kind word setting the standard for the excellent service experienced the rest of my stay.
Each of your staff mentioned greeted me by name every time we met, making me feel as old friends just returning home.
Darrell Moorehead

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We recently had a board meeting for a professional board of directors from around the nation. Many times, planning these events is very cumbersome. However, the event staff at the Sheraton did an excellent job with planning and made the event a great success. Additionally, they went out of their way when we found out we had the incorrect A/V plugs for our newly purchased iPads. They were able to think outside the box and get our systems up and running just in the nick of time. I can't say enough good things about the staff at the Sheraton Portland Airport.

Room Tip: I recommend the suite...they are fantastic!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business