Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
$186
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$150
$199
$193
Orbitz.com
1,792 results
All reviewsthe riverdegrees restaurantrocking chairsathletic cluba river view roomwine hourcomplimentary winewaterfront parkone bedroom suitewonderful hotelbeautiful roomvalet staffclose to downtownvalet parkingthe entire staffhappy hourthe location is perfect
Reviewed December 15, 2009

My company hosted our annual Holiday party at the RiverPlace hotel in their Three Degrees restaurant. From the beginning of the planning to the end of the event everything went smoothly and according to plan. Our vegetarian and vegan guests were given a wonderful alternative menu. The vegan dessert prompted a couple of other folks to say they were vegans too! My husband and I spent the night in one of the RiverPlace waterfront apartments (suites). We were greeted with warmth at check-in. We were offered a complimentary daily newspaper. The apartment which was quite spacious was beautifully furnished with a wood burning fireplace, luxurious linens, upscale toiletries, just everything a person could have wanted for a comfortable and delightful stay. We watched the boats on the river from the living room windows, the lighted ships were a delight. The room was so quiet you would not have known you were in a hotel. The next morning we went to breakfast in the restaurant. It was obvious the service from the night before was no fluke - the waiter was attentive but not intrusive. Our food arrived promptly, nice and hot. The menu had a large variety of offerings at very reasonable prices. Check-out went smoothly. We travel a lot and I can truthfully say this was one of the best, if not the best, hotel experience we have had. Raises the bar for everyone else.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Augcruiser
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I have traveled frequently and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed at. The hotel itself is beautiful and located right on the river. The rooms are amazing and the staff is very friendly and attentive. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We purchased the hotel's bed and Breakfast package deal, which came with a $30 breakfast credit and valet parking. We stayed in one of their deluxe rooms with a view of the river.

Our stay was very enjoyable. We mentioned it was our 5th anniversary and we were quite pampered (at least compared to what we have seen other places). All in all we recieved signed cards from the manager and our waitress (wishing happy anniversary), free choclates, free chocolate cake, small bottle of champaign (though we don't drink) and the snuck in and turned on some classical music while we were out. We felt like they made our stay quite memorable and appreciate the extra efforts they took.

Regarding the hotel in general...
The staff were very pleasant to deal with and the rooms nice. The rooms don't go for luxurious (at least not the deluxe), but rather comfortable and spacious. I've never stayed in a 'standard' hotel room with that many square feet. The room had nice quality furnishings and the bed was just as comfortable as being at home. In general I would say that I felt that I was visiting a friend's guest bedroom and that they were upper-middle or lower-uppoer class folks.

The view of the river was very nice with a marina and rowers in the evening. The traffic from the freeways was not loud or irritating, though the train horns could disturb some (it didn't us, but our home is close to train tracks). I also appreciated the nice TV and DVD player (we brought our own movie), though would have looked through their free collection if we hadn't.

The Three Degrees was very tasty for Dinner and Breakfast and will eat there next time we go as well. Room service was quick, polite, etc.

In the end my wife and I have already decided that we will come back next year for our 6th most likely. Thank you to those at the Riverplace hotel!

The interiour was

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone travelling to Portland. The service at the Riverplace was phenomenal with incredible attention to detail. Every one I interacted with was friendly and helpful. From advice on area restaurants to travel directions, there was always someone available to help.

Additionally, the hotel does not "nickel and dime" you. There is free wireless internet access and a "business center" with access to computers, a fax machine and copier without charge.

The hotel restaurant is pricey, but the service and food were excellent.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Great service, great food, great rooms. The rooms with river views are the best - ask for them. Walking distance to lots of Portland downtown activities, restaurants, etc. We've particularly enjoyed their package deals, which include spa time and meals. Great place!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple